06 ram 1500 4x4 problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Collin juoni

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello i am new to the forum ive been using it for years for help and research on my 2nd gen truck but just never registered for an account but now I can’t find anyone having a similar problem as myself. I am having issues with my 4x4 not disengaging or saying its not atleast. I purchased the truck used last year in the summer and early in the winter i lost 4x4 it worked great until it failed. I have the 246 transfer case which is the 4 auto system. Just recently i put a new t-case shift motor and a new front axle disconnect on it worked great for 2 weeks drove through a storm in “4-lock” christmas eve then Christmas day i tried swapping it from 4 lock to 4 auto and it started drawing power from the blower motor, wipers and it was flashing interior and exterior lights. I took these parts off and returned them leaving the shift motor off and putting the old axle disconnect back on in a way it is not locking the axles together by moving the lock collar to the drivers side axle and putting the part back on. Both sets of parts failed the exact same way my transfer case is in 2wd and front axle locked. Ive checked wiring connections briefly everything looks to be connected i will be going over it again to double check. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated im losing my mind with this truck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo