07 1500 4.7 eco 4x4 160k+ miles, crank-no start with a history.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CannMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Howdy! I’ll try to nutshell this best I can:
Recently got the truck after it broke down. Water pump shaft sheared, sending the fan & clutch into the radiator.
I started it long enough to reposition for tow to the garage. (About 30 seconds) It fired right up but there was knocking under the hood.
At the garage we replaced: water pump, fan clutch, fan, radiator, thermostat, oil + filter, idler pulley, serpentine belt & spark plugs. Wouldn’t crank, battery had a dead cell, replaced battery.
Then crank but no start. No knocking during cranking.
Fuel pressures are good. Tried starting fluid, still nothing.
Replaced cam & crank sensors, only a click. Ground wire on starter broke. Rebuilt starter. Still crank no start.

Nothing coming up on scanner showing possible cause. I am not the tech so I don’t know all details.

I was told the PCM (?) could have been killed by the dead cell in the battery? Is there a way to test the PCM?
Being “old school”, I’m wondering if timing was affected at one point. Perhaps even when I repositioned the truck?

I welcome any thoughts or ideas.
Many thanks in advance!

CannMan