08 Ram 1500 4x4 odd noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gerald Sheppard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a Ram 1500 Big Horn Edition 4x4 with the 5.7 and 5 speed automatic trans. The truck has just over 94k miles. I recently noticed and odd squeak type noise that seems to be coming from the rear, as I only hear it with the rear slider open. At first I thought it was possibly a dry u joint. The noise only happens while under no load or just when you give it some light throttle. Since the joints can't be serviced, I replaced them with new Spicer units and found them to be in good order. I have noticed that it does not seem to make the noise if I apply light brake pressure, leading me to think it could be brake related. I haven't removed a wheel as yet, was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its most likely your brakes. Mine did the same thing, it was my rear pads. But that's what mine was. Sounds exactly like what my issue was.