08 Ram 3500 Tail Light Issues (right side works, left won't)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaleb baechle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I'm currently in the process of adding some new LED tail light on my flatbed. I have the right side wired up and everything works fine with no resistors but when I go to hook up the left side to the light I get either a constant running light or constant brake light depending on what wires I use to connect to my existing wires from the old lights. When I hook up the new lights how they are supposed to be my blinker will blink normally for a few seconds then start blinking fast. When I use the blinker it will operate like it should up front but I won't get anything in the rear. Sorry for the long post but I'm at a loss.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m not sure about resisters,and leds but a bad ground can cause similar if not the same issues you are experiencing.

OP
OP
K

kaleb baechle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Do you know where i could find the ground locations for my truck? Im pretty new to this type of situation

OP
OP
K

kaleb baechle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
If anybody in the future has the same issue i did. Test your wires going into the TIPM.