1.5 body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barry Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will a 1.5 body lift create a gap between bumper snd body? Currently have 6 inches of lift on my 1500. If so, how do you fix or have that not happen!?

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Body lifts have brackets to relocate the bumpers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Barry Phillips

Barry Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you think there would be any issue with brush guard I have on truck right now. Was trying to find a thread with someone who’s installed one with a brush guard on their truck and see if they caused an additional trouble

8SpdHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 6" suspension and 3" body lift. Just make new brackets that move your bumper up and back inline with the body. Thats what I did with my westin contour bullbar.

Cheers.20210219_201519.jpg

Hawkguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 6" suspension and 3" body lift. Just make new brackets that move your bumper up and back inline with the body. Thats what I did with my westin contour bullbar.

Cheers.View attachment 238381
8spdHemi, I am assuming that you removed the portion of the fan shroud that encompasses the radiator fan? If so, did you notice any reduction in cooling? I am wanting to install a 1.5” Body Lift and I know the radiator fan will no longer match the Shroud.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
8spdHemi, I am assuming that you removed the portion of the fan shroud that encompasses the radiator fan? If so, did you notice any reduction in cooling? I am wanting to install a 1.5” Body Lift and I know the radiator fan will no longer match the Shroud.

I did the Zone 1.5” body lift and removed the bottom portion of the shroud (per the instructions) and no issues with cooling.

8SpdHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I haven't noticed any change in the trucks cooling ability? Everything seems to be operating normally. But I also live in a cooler climate up here in Canada !! Lol. Summer temps are around 25-30 and those are hot days!! Hahaha

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am assuming that you removed the portion of the fan shroud that encompasses the radiator fan? I.

chuck in in the trash along with the ****** v8 fan and clutch fan. and do the V6 eFan swap

Hawkguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
chuck in in the trash along with the ****** v8 fan and clutch fan. and do the V6 eFan swap
I have read A LOT about this…. Even contacted FF DYNAMICS to see if they had a fan kit for my 2018, they do not. I do moderate towing (up to 6K LBS) and have read on here that the eFan cannot guarantee sufficient cooling under heavy loads. My understanding is that the radiator on the eco-diesel is different than most 5.7. What’s your opinion?

Hawkguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I haven't noticed any change in the trucks cooling ability? Everything seems to be operating normally. But I also live in a cooler climate up here in Canada !! Lol. Summer temps are around 25-30 and those are hot days!! Hahaha

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
I live in Alabama and we routinely see 36-37 deg C in the summer, sometimes 38+! Yeah, it’s hot!

8SpdHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I could give multiple likes for one post....

Thanks a ton!!

I wasn't sure how much this would help, if any at all! Glad it did help you out, best of luck...post some pics when you get it all done.

Cheers.

8SpdHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in Alabama and we routinely see 36-37 deg C in the summer, sometimes 38+! Yeah, it’s hot!

Temps like that and I'd go find a lake and stay there!! I think it would be pretty easy to make a custom fan shroud for the bottom half to help direct the air flow...I'll mail you some ice cold snow (we still have some) to help keep you cool!!

Cheers.

Tskmk2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 classic
Engine
Did you made new bracket or need to mod one from towhook to fit? I really want adding 1.5 to mine but want towhook

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963