-1 for Aries 3D Floor Liners and CarID.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So after having read great things about the Aries 3D I initially opted for them for my upgrade to the carpeted floor mats that came with my truck. I really liked the how the surface of them had this carbon fiber vibe as opposed to the deep textured common competition of the extreme rugged appearance. While I did want the protection of the ruggedness having this more modern appearance was what one me over ultimately. That and I had read many times over how there fitment was top notch. So I was very surprised when I dry fit mine in place after receiving them to have a politically correct termed less than stellar satisfaction.

I have a 2015 Ram 1500 CrewCab and while they maybe great on other models I would not recommend them for this model to anyone in the same boat.

To add insult to injury I quickly started the RMA process with CARiD from whom I purchased these from. I filled out the online form which as I filled it out couldn't help but think man this is a bit excessive.

Then after filling out there length form I get this email from the returns department wanting evening more information including some information I had already provided which was a already a redundancy from what was on my order info. They also wanted my VIN and extra photographs...

Here was my reply (at this point I was fairly perturbed so I admittedly I probably went off on the guy a little bit but I just wanted an easy return)

"I’m not sure why this has to be such a difficult process, I just simply wanted to return the product that I am not satisfied with. Your return policy claims to happily accept a return that I am not 100% satisfied with and then boast about wanting to make the customer’s experience quick and simple. I’m not 100% satisfied and this is by far one of the more convoluted returns I’ve had to deal with, by now my return is usually half way back in transit to the seller when I have an issue. Why do you need to investigate the issue and determine the reason for the unfit, if that’s not your policy? I’m not asking for support to confirm if it’s a mismatch between received product and my vehicle, I’m asking for a return. I’ve already provided you with the product numbers from both the product and from the box when I submitted my claim, I also had to put in my vehicle information when I ordered the product, now you want my VIN number and have me to dryfit the product and take photos of the issue. It just seems like you’re asking your customers to do the due diligence in product testing that the manufacturer should have done. These products claimed to be custom laser fit for each specific vehicle and yet somehow now it’s my problem and that I’m required to prove it doesn’t – I did not sign up to do their product research/troubleshooting effort. Sorry for the Rant, I’m just very discouraged this did not work out as I had hoped. Below is the information you requested and the photos are attached via a download link due to filesize."

It took them 2 days to get me a simple RMA number. Then it took them another 7 days to process it (inclusive of my 3 days shipping). Even after that I get a email stating it's been processed and that I should expect my refund in another 3-5 days which if I recall took the 3 more days.

So in the end CARiD did make good on the return so they've got that going for them but it wasn't the best experience on an already disappointing situation. So having dealt with many vendors they will not be my first choice when I have another option. I know some ppl love them but it maybe awhile before I try them again if at all. Probably if they have some ridiculous sale or are the only ones that sell a particular item I might would try them again.

As for my Liners I went with Husky X-act Contour and have been completely happy with them.

Here's a few of the pics of the bad fit.

Tag clearly states up to 2014, even though it was sold for my 2015. So I'm not sure if that is part of the problem by either CARiD or Aeris. Also I'm not sure why the tag does state Aeris like the logo on the mat itself. Point is I guess maybe it would have been a non issue if i had had a 2014 or perhaps there is no difference and this is just an old inventory with an older tag that will still be sold under the same product number for the new ram models....
CameraZOOM-20150514080022341_zpslizztj4y.jpg

Would not lay flat at threshold, not because of needing to relax but because its width was already wedged between wall under seat and door jamb
CameraZOOM-20150512191615891_zpsfgqrcm5s.jpgCameraZOOM-20150512191434697_zpsgftefixc.jpg

Blocking floor vents under passenger front seat
CameraZOOM-20150512191531318_zpsupu6l728.jpgCameraZOOM-20150512191523726_zpsahyetqdf.jpg

Another fitment issue, floor hooks in the right place but its hung up on the front seats leg preventing it from laying flat at the threshold.
CameraZOOM-20150512191507930_zpsajzuuhl4.jpgCameraZOOM-20150512191445876_zpsqg6jq0xl.jpg

Another photo showing no protection to speak of on the high carpeted center console area where muddy boots for example would normally engage with.
CameraZOOM-20150512191457290_zpsxu4l1njc.jpg

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have to agree those don't look so hot in there.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I too tried to save a few bucks and get the Maxliners, they fit better than your pictures but not a lot better. I was real mad when the box showed up and said "Made in Philippines". Wish I had paid the extra $75 for the WeatherTech's.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That sucks. I had a slight ordering issue with CarID also. Tried to order some side steps from them, placed the order, then found them cheaper at AutoAnything.com. I tried to get them to price match and they wouldn't do it... Then made it a hassle to cancel the order.

AutoAnything made the deal a breeze over the phone and even gave me a little bit bigger of a discount just for calling and telling them the situation. They earned my business on future orders. I've actually already ordered some more stuff from them since then. Shipping is fast on the things I've ordered. :)

OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That sucks. I had a slight ordering issue with CarID also. Tried to order some side steps from them, placed the order, then found them cheaper at AutoAnything.com. I tried to get them to price match and they wouldn't do it... Then made it a hassle to cancel the order.

AutoAnything made the deal a breeze over the phone and even gave me a little bit bigger of a discount just for calling and telling them the situation. They earned my business on future orders. I've actually already ordered some more stuff from them since then. Shipping is fast on the things I've ordered. :)

I too have had very good success with Autoanything.