1120 Mile Round Trip for Vacation with the Denali 289RK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
FF, both your last 2 posts are excellent. You sure have the right attitude and its the same as mine. I'd share the road with you any day.

Back at you :)

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
We had a blast. I love the emerald water. Yes there is clearer waters around the world and in the USA but compared to the Atlantic coast it is nice. If anyone ever gets to Destin, FL I recommend;

Kenny D's Beach Bar and Grill
McGuires Irish Pub

In Destin itself the traffic was horrible though. They are working on widening Hwy 98 so when it is finished it should be better.

Ha ha... I live in Destin and have to deal with that traffic EVERY DAY!!! I can't believe it's taken them so long to do the widening.

However the water and beaches are GREAT! If you can find a place to go...

I know it will probably sound weird, but McGuires Sushi is the BEST sushi in Destin!

As for the water, it really depends on how rough the sea is and how much rain we've got. There have been MANY times when the water was so clear you'd be able to see the bottom of the deep areas as you're swimming out to the sandbar.

Thendrix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ha ha... I live in Destin and have to deal with that traffic EVERY DAY!!! I can't believe it's taken them so long to do the widening.

I know it will probably sound weird, but McGuires Sushi is the BEST sushi in Destin!

As for the water, it really depends on how rough the sea is and how much rain we've got. There have been MANY times when the water was so clear you'd be able to see the bottom of the deep areas as you're swimming out to the sandbar.

We're heading to Navarre beach in a couple of weeks and we love seafood. Don't care much for sushi though. Where's the best place for just seafood? We really liked Dewy Destin last time we went there

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Thendrix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Cool thanks. We'll see what we can do to check some of those out

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year

It looks like it is going on to 2020!!!

We stayed at the RV park, Camp Gulf, <-- Awesome place

Was told that by a couple of people the same thing

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reading post like this make me miss the coast, i grew up in Ft Walton Beach, lived and worked in Destin...............I remeber when nobody WANTED to go out to Destin ‘cause there wasnt anything out there but a grocery store, a liquor store (miss the green giant) and the fishing fleet.

For you campers, If you are able, check out Hendrson State Park. The camp ground is beauitful but is stays booked!

Last edited:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Reading post like this make me miss the coat, i grew up in Ft Walton Beach, lived and worked in Destin...............I remeber when nobody WANTED to go out to Destin ‘cause there wasnt anything out there but a grocery store, a liquor store (miss the green giant) and the fishing fleet.

For you campers, If you are able, check out Hendrson State Park. The camp ground is beauitful but is stays booked!
That's awesome! I have a great aunt and uncle that live in ft. Walton beach. Beautiful there.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's awesome! I have a great aunt and uncle that live in ft. Walton beach. Beautiful there.
It is a beautiful place indeed, great place to grow up!

My folks, Grandma, and Aunt & Uncle still live there. Love having free room and board for beach trips, my girls love to visist the family and hit the beach.

Kev12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We just got back from down that way. We stayed at Santa Rosa RV Resort in Navarre Beach. Beautiful resort but not a whole lot going on in Navarre Beach. We ventured to a water park in Pensacola on Friday and made our way to Destin on Saturday. Yes, traffic on 98 was awful but Destin’s beaches are worth the drive and wait. We ended up going to Henderson State park for the day. Drove through the campground, very nice setup.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
What’s the trailer weight and what gear and trans are you using

3.9 gears, 8 speed. Trailer weight is a mystery but we will call it 8000 fully loaded for this discussion