12” screen and Apple CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’m not sure who the experts are on working the Uconnect 12” screen system but I know that there are a lot of smart and experienced people here.

When I plug my iPhone into the vehicle (‘19 PW), CarPlay comes up but the apps seem to be only available in the 1/2 screen mode. Is there a way to get them to display full screen? The specific app that I would like full screen is the Gaia topo map app.

Any help here? Thanks.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nope, that's unfortunately just the way it is. CarPlay and Android Auto don't support that size. So you're stuck with a top and bottom card.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The large size screen looks good but they missed a lot .They say their getting the bugs out. That is the reason never by the first year in high tec modes.

OP
OP
SeaSickSailor

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I have another related question. Is there a way to change the background color for Apple CarPlay apps? With the black, I cannot see the details in Gaia. Thanks.