12.3 Navi CRASHED with Dealer update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty1945

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took the 19 Limited in on May 18th to have the Navi fixed as it had me out in the ocean. They said it need a software update and it would take 2 hours. Well here I am 3 weeks later with no truck and they have no radios anywhere with no ETA on when they will get them. Gone up through U-Connect and to Chrysler no reasonable answer, Just no truck and no timeframe for repair. They told me that the radio flash is crashing some radios. Anyone else had the problem?

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First I heard of full brick on recent update but I have heard of update bricking siriusxm and require new radio module to repair. They seem to run a 2-3 weeks to come in so hopefully they have you up and running soon.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Salty1945

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NO radio yet and they are saying August, The truck has been at the dealer going on 5 weeks. Not Happy!!

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Took the 19 Limited in on May 18th to have the Navi fixed as it had me out in the ocean. They said it need a software update and it would take 2 hours. Well here I am 3 weeks later with no truck and they have no radios anywhere with no ETA on when they will get them. Gone up through U-Connect and to Chrysler no reasonable answer, Just no truck and no timeframe for repair. They told me that the radio flash is crashing some radios. Anyone else had the problem?

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear this. Do you currently have a case open for this concern?

Alison
RamCares

Brownbelfry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The update was ran on my 2020 Limited around May 1. Sirius has not loaded and worked since. I contacted both Uconnect and Sirus mule times, they would send a new signal. but nope, nothing ever worked after the so called update. The radio functioned just fine before the software update. Dealer tried to no avail to fix it. They opened a new case and new radio was ordered. Here we are 7 or so weeks later, still the same issues. Every time I start the truck, Sirius try to load, but never gets past the Sirius is loading.....Not sure why you left your truck there, but I feel your pain. I talked with service today, he claimed it was a covid19 issue, as far as to the replacement radio, dealers stayed open, used parts, no new ones were manufactured, so manufacturer is playing catch up. Certainly, I will not be looking to update software in the future....

Bryce Greene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
I have this same issue with my 2020 Ram 1500. Frisco Dodge (TX), the dealer that did the update, is now unresponsive to my requests for help. CDJ of McKinney, picked up the ball and determined that the unit needs to be replaced. They will have my truck, with less than 7500 miles, for at least a week. The technician has to open a "star case" with Chrysler, go back and forth multiple times with info and answering questions before the manufacturer will agree to replace the defective UConnect system. It is an extraordinary inconvenience for customers when they could do a better job with their software in the first place, and take the customer and dealers word when we say there'a a problem.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
is this all the 8.4, or 12" screen?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have this same issue with my 2020 Ram 1500. Frisco Dodge (TX), the dealer that did the update, is now unresponsive to my requests for help. CDJ of McKinney, picked up the ball and determined that the unit needs to be replaced. They will have my truck, with less than 7500 miles, for at least a week. The technician has to open a "star case" with Chrysler, go back and forth multiple times with info and answering questions before the manufacturer will agree to replace the defective UConnect system. It is an extraordinary inconvenience for customers when they could do a better job with their software in the first place, and take the customer and dealers word when we say there'a a problem.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Brownbelfry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
the software update ran on my truck around may 1, went into dealer for fix, still, here on July 2, I am waiting for a new radio. good luck with yours, don't plan on taking a date to the prom with a working connect. :-(

Bryce Greene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
UPDATE: On 6/29, I started a chat session with UConnect support, described my issues, asked for escalation, and received a case number. Had a few PMs here with Alison of Ram Cares. Received an email from UConnect Customer Care on 7/2 asking for me to call them. The rep heard my issues, and said the XM Sirius module failure after the upgrade has been identified by engineers as a cause for replacement without the dealership keeping my truck and jumping through hoops. He is supposed to call back later today with timing for replacement.

Bryce Greene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8

From the date of my post above, it took five weeks to work through the issue with Ram Care and UConnect to get the system replaced. Between Alison above, and Chike at UConnect, it all came together without having to leave my truck at the dealership. It took the technician 45 minutes to replace my system. They are also extending my warranty for three full years for my inconvenience. I'm very satisfied with the resolution.

Ttracy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 1500 has been at the dealer for a week, after the update killed the radio!

CanAmMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram Rebel with the 12" screen. The AC keeps locking up and the only way to reset is to turn truck off then back on. They have replaced the whole unit twice. So I am on my third brand new unit and it locked up again yesterday. I AM SO DONE WITH THIS TRUCK. Was in the dealership 4 times to fix leaks in the sunroof and now gonna be 4 times for the 12" radio unit.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
It seems like these radios are falling into the category of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I have updates blocked on my iPhone and my UAQ is an upgrade so not automatic updates. I try not to apply software updates unless it fixes a an issue I am having. Also I read the update notes to see what is being "fixed" to determine if it is worth the risk.

Ttracy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2019 ram 1500 with the 12 inch display navigation system got lost, and showed me in a different city. When the dealer tried to update the radio it killed the radio. I was told that when they update the radio without a problem that usually works for them but when they try to update a radio with the problem It kills the radio! Since I couldn’t use air conditioning or any of the other radio features my truck spent two weeks at the dealer. However prestige dodge supplied me with a free rent a car while the truck was waiting for the radio. Currently everything seems to be working fine.

Dannyb3051

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited, 12'' screen. The first two OTA upgrades killed Sirius XM and somehow the uconnect section was able to correct the problem. The third OTA put the radio in a continuous loop of trying to load Sirius XM. Uconnect insisted i take it to the dealer this time for troubleshooting, radio was out about a month, Star authorized a replacement, took about a week to get new radio, once installed the Sirius XM button disappeared as well as all options control. Luckily i was able to keep the truck throughout the failure, took the truck home after the radio replacement and after about a week the radio started to recover on its own, star had the dealership call me for more test prior to the radio recovering. Still have an appointment this week for more testing. The issue started 24 July 20 and its now the end of August 20. I hope once they permanently fix this issue they extend the warranty period. These radios are really expensive, 5k for a rebuilt, i cant imagine what a new radio cost.

bmace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi