12 inch screen not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdressel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
Have been dealing with same on my 2022 2500 Limited. Screen is blank/dead but control on sides work okay. In my previous post, troubleshooting indicated that the anomaly was happening when it is 50 degrees +/- or lower. Later after it has warmed up the screen and all works fine. Now the screen has gone blank/black and will not come on at all with all screen functions dead and no radio output. Called dealership and they were so concerned that they have scheduled my appointment for 4/18/2023. My extreme disappointment in the dealership and very expensive truck continues.

c141flyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMINS
Over the past 9 months since i purchasd the truck , had similar glitches... But today is different, black screen, I can tell uConnect is functioning, CARPLAY commands via SIRI work, phone apps act like they are connected... A reset via volume button kills the connection till it reboots, but NEVER does the 12' screen show anything. this morning was the first this has happened

c141flyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMINS
THEN 3 hours later, I go out to the truck thinking I was going to reset a fuse (if I could find it)..and just like that everything works.

rosemaryhill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you hold the volume and the browse down at the Same time it will force a restart. Then I found if you do that open the drivers door it will come back on. This has only happened to me twice and I was sitting in my truck playing with buttons and cycled my key a few times.
Worked great, my screen is back! thank you

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Worked great, my screen is back! thank you

Park next to some wifi and look for a update. There was a update for the radio about 6 months ago and i have had zero issues since.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I've had my 2022 for 18 months without one issue. Then on the last over-the-air update last week my 12-inch Uconnect 5 screen would not light up. It might on the next ignition cycle, but now it just stays black.

Any solutions?

All the reset instructions I've found require a selection to be made on the screen, the screen I can see.

Rohlics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Park next to some wifi and look for a update. There was a update for the radio about 6 months ago and i have had zero issues since.
I have had the update and today I've got the same issue again after 4 months of no issues. The screen won't come on automatically with the ignition, I got to physically press the button.

I've tried everything mentioned on here regarding the hard reset and it does not work for me. The dealer advised to press the bottom of the screen which will enter into dealer mode but I can't even get into dealer mode, literally nothing works. The earliest time I can get booked in is 9 weeks!

That's at Dealer on West Colonial drive in Orlando Florida.........I would recommend avoiding them to be honest. Not had the best experience since buying the truck brand new Aug 2022

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have had the update and today I've got the same issue again after 4 months of no issues. The screen won't come on automatically with the ignition, I got to physically press the button.

I've tried everything mentioned on here regarding the hard reset and it does not work for me. The dealer advised to press the bottom of the screen which will enter into dealer mode but I can't even get into dealer mode, literally nothing works. The earliest time I can get booked in is 9 weeks!

That's at Dealer on West Colonial drive in Orlando Florida.........I would recommend avoiding them to be honest. Not had the best experience since buying the truck brand new Aug 2022
In my settings I have one that says "Auto On", and if I set it to "Yes" my radio automatically comes on when I start the truck. I have mine set to "No".

Rohlics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
In my settings I have one that says "Auto On", and if I set it to "Yes" my radio automatically comes on when I start the truck. I have mine set to "No".
The only thing I see is the auto radio recall, which just recalls the last radio station.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The only thing I see is the auto radio recall, which just recalls the last radio station.
It's in the Settings menu. Which model do you have? I only have the base 5.0 radio.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I have no idea I haven't had any issues since that update.

Rohlics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
So having played around with this over the weekend, it appears to happen when a pair my phone (iphone 14). I did a reset and it was fine but when I pair my phone, I start having this issue.