12 inch screen went out, two weeks of ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
After opening a case with Ram last Thursday I finally spoke to a case manager today. They said it would be up to the dealer to escalate through their channels to swap out the truck, not through customer care. I guess that makes sense. He also said that the part I need (guessing the whole head unit) is an exchange part, meaning the dealer has to send it in first (seems weird). They still have no ETA. I called the dealership and spoke to a Sales Manager (?) and am waiting for a call back to see if we can potentially swap out the truck. Mine will have been at the dealership two weeks tomorrow and I am currently without any kind of ETA as to when I can get back into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Looking for anyone that has had a similar problem with the 12inch screen going out. At the dealership yesterday to talk about options and the GSM said that their personal opinion was that these units were not heat tested well enough which leads me to believe that it’s going to be a long term problem here in Phoenix and I probably should look to get out of this truck ASAP. He proceeded to tell me that these are like computers (Well, he’s not wrong). I had to chuckle as this line went through my head being in IT and the GSM telling me that these screens were like little computers. “It seems to run on some form of electricity”

And if anyone unfortunately needs to get the screen replaced mine has been at the dealership 18 days so far and the ETA on the replacement is August 17th.

Lemon law says that if the car has been in the shop for a total of 30 days then I am eligible.

Last edited:

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
And this post is just so I don’t have to keep looking at that obnoxious charger in the thread preview.

bb4bebfed656fe78b3aabd1924d37f89.jpg

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interesting that you posted this. I have a 8" UAQ pulled from an '18. It to is a Panasonic. I have a Black Crystal Metallic Ram. I didn't put up the sun shade in my truck one day and the screen went into reverse however it was black when it came out. The ac controls worked and came up on the screen but nothing else. The steering wheel volume controls didn't work either. I shut the truck down when I got home and restarted it. It came back fine. I have noticed that it gets a little quirky when its hot and I forget to put the sun shade up. I do have darker tint on the other windows. I wonder if I need to look into the ceramic tent instead of what I have now. Temps are 95-98 degrees here in lousisana

Looking for anyone that has had a similar problem with the 12inch screen going out. At the dealership yesterday to talk about options and the GSM said that their personal opinion was that these units were not heat tested well enough which leads me to believe that it’s going to be a long term problem here in Phoenix and I probably should look to get out of this truck ASAP. He proceeded to tell me that these are like computers (Well, he’s not wrong). I had to chuckle as this line went through my head being in IT and the GSM telling me that these screens were like little computers. “It seems to run on some form of electricity”

And if anyone unfortunately needs to get the screen replaced mine has been at the dealership 18 days so far and the ETA on the replacement is August 17th.

Lemon law says that if the car has been in the shop for a total of 30 days then I am eligible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam