12 inch screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Krawczyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please tell me somebody is working on retro fitting the new 12" screen into the 4th gen rams...they gotta be so nice!!

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Apparently they're extremely buggy in the 5th Gen's. Buuut that said I Beleive @Mpgrimm2 may have a harness or may be working one for the 4ths. I'm not sure on that though.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I considered it a member here was selling one cheap. After digging seems like a huge undertaking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea will probably require replacing the entire dash
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I have seen a couple of posts on here with the screen. However they don't look like they fit very well against the 4th Gen dash.
I just had a thought along the same lines.. Considering that current gen 2500s are basically using the same body of the 4th Gen, perhaps for the best factory fit of the large 12" screen, would be to change the entire interior dash to the 5th Gen 2500s.

maxiderm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
At some point, the stock 12 inch just doesn't seem worth all the work. I did a lot of digging into it and finally just opted for an aftermarket Kenwood 10 inch floating screen stereo with a Maestro setup to keep integration of the trucks stock features.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At some point, the stock 12 inch just doesn't seem worth all the work. I did a lot of digging into it and finally just opted for an aftermarket Kenwood 10 inch floating screen stereo with a Maestro setup to keep integration of the trucks stock features.
Yeah that is why I prefer to think that unless there is a proper kit that makes the whole thing more easier, I would prefer to just upgrade mine with another 8" that gives me Apple Carplay. In the end, all I want is Apple Carplay. Having the 12" would just be a bonus.

ant_ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m also in need of apple CarPlay on my 2017 Laramie. Recently bought it and I’m so upset to find out it doesn’t have apple CarPlay

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah that is why I prefer to think that unless there is a proper kit that makes the whole thing more easier, I would prefer to just upgrade mine with another 8" that gives me Apple Carplay. In the end, all I want is Apple Carplay. Having the 12" would just be a bonus.
thats what she said :laughing1: