12" uConnect oddity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2022 Ram 1500 Limited. I'm one of the unlucky ones that has had several niggling issues with my truck, specifically the 12" UConnect. The one I'm working on now has to do with Theme Mode. There are three options: Light, Dark or Auto. Auto appears to do nothing at all. I assumed it would turn the screen dark at night and light during the day. No such luck. Whatever it is set on when the truck starts is the way it stays, day or night. I prefer the Dark mode all the time so no biggie on the Auto setting. But... I set up the widgets at the top of the screen to show the inside temperature and whether or not the seat warmer/vent is on. In light mode it works fine. However in Dark mode, the widgets are not there. I can switch to Light mode, the widgets appear, then switch back to Dark and the widgets are suddenly there and it will stay that way all day no matter how many times I start and stop the engine. However, when I get into the truck the next day, the widgets disappear again on Dark mode and I have to go through the whole switch process again. The folks at the dealership don't know what's wrong and they have elevated it to a "Star Case" but I have been more than underwhelmed at how they have reacted to previous issues I have had.
Anyone else have an issue like this, or am I lucky in having yet another actual issue that noone else has experienced?
It's a shame that with an otherwise really nice truck, I have had so many frustrating little things go wrong with it. Thankfully, it's still under warranty so the unresolved issues will stay in the loop until someone figures out how to correct them.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have my widgets set to outside temp and surround view camera, and I have my theme set to Dark all the time. The widgets are always there for me. 22 Ltd Longhorn 2500 12" uConnect.

MotoGP1199

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your dial on the left of the steering wheel for console lights is "Clicked" all the way upto the brightest setting the auto feature will not function on theme. Move the dial down a hair. It will click and auto theme should work.

Edit: just realized this post was from December. Oh well, maybe it will help someone out still.