12" Uconnect Radio - No SXM, No Memory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBONZ74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my first post, and hoping you all can assist me with my trucks Uconnect issues. I have been going back and forth with Uconnect on twitter, but getting no where. I have a 2019 1500 Limited with the 12" system. Way back when, they did a FOTA, and it completely messaed up my system. I brought it to the dealer a few weeks after that, and they said they manually updated it, but I would have to wait for an upcoming OTA update to correct it. Flash forward almost a year, and I still have a malfunctioning radio, and the most recent trip to the dealer resulted in another "FOTA is coming soon".

Here are my issues immediately following the OTA last year:
1. SirusXM not available. As soon as I start the truck, it tries to load SiriusXM, and then switches to "SiriusXM is Currently unavailable".
2. Radio presets erase every time you shut the truck down. I can add them while the truck is on, but as soon as you turn the truck off, they arre gone.
3. Radio starts on the same radio station every time. Even if you are using USB media, when you shut down and restart, it will be on 98.9 FM.
4. Changing the icon in the Navigation system will revert back to the default arrow every restart.

I have paid for SiriusXM for a year without being able to use it. They refuse to replace the radio on the most recent dealer service appointment, because I was 1 week (yes, just 1 week) past my 3-yr warranty period. Even though I brought this issue to them a year prior with no resolution. UConnect asked me to confirm I have OTA capabilities enabled on my system. I cannot find instructions, nor will they tell me how to do it. They did tell me I have an older version (34.2) that needs to be brought up to 34.31. It was released FOTA, so why didn't my truck get that?

Any info you all can share would be appreciated.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
If you have a "history" of the radio being serviced and still not working after they "serviced" it, then the warranty isn't expired for it. You waited a year to bring it back which will hurt your case, but you need to escalate this to Ram customer service.

OP
OP
B

BBONZ74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. You ever heard of being able to turn OTA on/off?