12" update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
My 12" screen worked great for 2 weeks then just started to lose my presets. Spent 2 hours at the dealer, they couldn't solve it and supposedly reset it to factory to see if that solved the problem but I don't think he did because all of my custom settings were still there except Sirius presets.
There is a 3rd quarter update coming are we are in the 3rd quarter now so it could be any day. Hopefully that solves it.
I uploaded the letter for y'all that may have issues also.

20190715_104744.jpg

OP
OP
Fireman48

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
Yesterday after leaving the dealer I got home, logged into my sirius account, got in truck and started it then I did a signal refresh twice because it never showed anything on the screen or lost signal. I programmed 2 channels.
Well, I just went to town and upon startup walla, the2 channels I preset was gone but my original and saved 10 preset channels were back!!
If you are having this problem try refreshing your radio a couple times. If they go away again I'll post it up.

OP
OP
Fireman48

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
Presets disappeared after 5 days. Refreshed the signal and now they are back. Sounds like a software issue.

SKYHOOK33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019, 2012,,2005
Engine
HEMI
My 12" screen worked great for 2 weeks then just started to lose my presets. Spent 2 hours at the dealer, they couldn't solve it and supposedly reset it to factory to see if that solved the problem but I don't think he did because all of my custom settings were still there except Sirius presets.
There is a 3rd quarter update coming are we are in the 3rd quarter now so it could be any day. Hopefully that solves it.

View attachment 173408
I'm having the exact same problem with my 19 limited. Also I believe this 19 speaker system should be much louder than what it is I hope the update helps that

Pikeville904

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ignition Orange Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I was told last Friday is that the presets are somehow controlled thru the memory settings. The teach at my dealer had me set where I wanted the seat, mirror and the presets on the radio. Then had me push the 'set' button on the door until the DIC said that Memory 1 was set. I had gone thru before and set everything, but didn't hold the 'S' button down long enough for it to say it was 'set'. He sat there with me until it was set, and so far, knock on wood, it has held the presets. I've still got an issue with the screen blacking out when I go from reverse to drive occasionally, but the radio (XM) has held the presets. I hope that helps guys...

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque Hemi
I too had been dealing with this issue. and it just happened again to me this month. And here's how to fix it:

Use this link to reset the Sirius satellite radio; you'll need your VIN so the system will know where to send the signal. I keep my VIN handy in the Mopar app so I always have it with me in my iPhone if needed.
https://siriusxm.com/refresh

Once you refresh it, it should return it to your previous saved settings. Mine did. Good luck!

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque Hemi

View attachment 173408

PS - my local dealership had no clue and gave me earlier this year that same BS answer except it said wait for the update 3rd quarter 2018!!!! I said to them that was already out of date!

Here's what they gave me. Extremely frustrating.

IMG_1024 (1).jpg

Anyway, here is the link to reset the Sirius satellite radio once again if someone missed my post above - this fixed it for me. Note, you'll need your VIN so the system knows your vehicle:
https://siriusxm.com/refresh

MACNKAT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just got off the phone with xm and they fixed my reset problem
Thank You for the info
So this is an XM problem and not a U-Connect problem? My presets won't stay either. No one seems to know what to do about it. The dealer doesn't seem to be aware of it either. And on top of not saving my presets, it's going black when I put it in reverse and the camera goes on then back to drive and the screen blacks out.

Loansinpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had mine updated the other day...I assume this is the same one. Was in for an oil change and take care of the last recall. Mentioned how it sometimes defaulted to the sirius sign up channel when starting (but didn't lose the presets) and how it would sometimes not shut off the truck electronics. Stop, park, push to shut off engine...radio keeps playing (normal), open door...radio keeps playing... They came back and said there was a radio update if I wanted to hang around - that it would take 1.5 hrs to do. I did...we'll see. Again, I wasn't losing presets so won't be able to answer to that.

Pikeville904

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ignition Orange Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this is an XM problem and not a U-Connect problem? My presets won't stay either. No one seems to know what to do about it. The dealer doesn't seem to be aware of it either. And on top of not saving my presets, it's going black when I put it in reverse and the camera goes on then back to drive and the screen blacks out.
When you set your seat, mirrors XM presets, and push the memory button on your door panel, push the 'set' button' on the panel and HOLD IT until the DIC says memory 1 (or 2) says memory set. From what I've been told, that unless it is held until it says 'SET', it will revert back to an unset condition.

Dilligaf5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i had the same problem with the xm presets after an update to the restraint system. i had to set up a new user profile on the xm screen and never had the problem again. dealer told me about the 3rd quarter update and i waited. never heard anything. tried all of the things suggested in previous posts to. on the right hand side of the xm screen there are 4 icons. under the search button mine had a blank space clicked on it and set up a profile. that was it and has been working ever since. hope this helps

Judy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A 12 inch update is highly recommended!

Dilligaf5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
my problem is back! sirius will not save presets. mustve been an update that i dont know about. profile icon is gone from the sirius setup and every time i try to add a user it does not save the new profile. i know this is petty but when you pay 60,000 plus for a truck these simple things should work. talked to the dealer and sirius and no clue from either. find it hard to believe that im the only one with this problem. one good thing out of it was sirius dropped the rate of my subscription to less than half of what i was paying. anyone else have this issue?