12 volt accessory outlets no power???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone! 1st post to the site and Thank you for havin me.

2011 1500 QC 4x4
Issue I'm having is no 12v power to any of the 3 12v accessory (cig) outlets. "Key On" and "Batt".
1) I checked the 3 fuses and all are good ( Fluke meter)
2) Checked fuse location in fuse box for power ( No voltage )
3) I removed the outlets and disconnected them and checked power at the plugs. No power.
4) Tried a search on this issue????

So anyway I'm not havin any luck right now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Disco

OP
OP
Disco

Disco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, so to weed things out I put new 20A fuses in today (M6, M7 & M36 location). No luck.
I ordered 3 new power outlets. (BTW Steve White Parts is the place to go )

As I was replacing the fuses I looked (squinted) at the fuse box cover again to see if I was missing anything. I noticed the K1 Run / Assy RLY. Not sure but it would make sense as I don't see voltage going to any of the 3 fuses.

But feel free to chim in if you could help me out please. I have a big move coming up and need the outlet power for the kids games an walkie talkies

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Got no clue if all the fuses are good. next bet would be check relays

Last edited:
OP
OP
Disco

Disco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Relays checked out good. 12v to open close and checked ohms.
One thing I dont thing I'm getting my meter probs into the fuse locations to make contact as I am not getting any voltage at the fuse locations. (or any fuse location) Motor running or not.

OP
OP
Disco

Disco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, power to fuse box and fuses are good. Hmmm head scratcher here.
I'll just wait for the new outlets to arrive.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If you've checked for power at the connectors that plug into the outlets, then you need to check that power is coming out of the TIPM. If there's no power going to the connectors for the outlets, then replacing the outlets is just a waste of money. It's very unlikely all 3 would fail at the same time.

OP
OP
Disco

Disco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you've checked for power at the connectors that plug into the outlets, then you need to check that power is coming out of the TIPM. If there's no power going to the connectors for the outlets, then replacing the outlets is just a waste of money. It's very unlikely all 3 would fail at the same time.

OK..lol
I found the culprit.....
Plug under the driver seat was unpluged. Must have been knocked off during detailing from the dealer.

Thanks to all who gave input:favorites13:

Jeremiah walker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
OK..lol
I found the culprit.....
Plug under the driver seat was unpluged. Must have been knocked off during detailing from the dealer.

Thanks to all who gave input:favorites13:

Hate to dig up this old thread but I'm having the same issues but don't know what plug you're referring to. My '14 3500 has 3 or 4 plugs under my seat that are not connected to anything and I can't find what they might connect to.