12V Power outlet not working, fuses appear to be good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Thomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello all,

Newby here but not new to Ram trucks. I own a 2018 2500 that I bought new. Recently, I went to plug my phone charger into the 12V outlet in the center console and there is no power to it. There is power to the outlet on the rear of the console, and the USB ports.

I have checked all the micro fuses several times and find none blown. Just wondering where else to look for the issue.

Thank you in advance!!

KT

12V.jpg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That 12V outlet is only on with the ignition, the one on the back of the console is changeable from ignition to constant on.
I would check to see if that outlet cam unplugged. There is two screws (in front under rubber tray) that hold the top of the center console down, also careful pry up the trim ring.

OP
OP
K

Kevin Thomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That 12V outlet is only on with the ignition, the one on the back of the console is changeable from ignition to constant on.
I would check to see if that outlet cam unplugged. There is two screws (in front under rubber tray) that hold the top of the center console down, also careful pry up the trim ring.

Sounds good. I have been wondering if it could have came unplugged. I will check that. Thank you!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
On the right side, you can see the Power Plug, that goes to the cigarette lighter
The 2 screws holes are just to the right of the plug, you can find them under the rubber mat

I think there is a copper colored screw under the larger mat that the cigarette lighter is in, i believe it is a Grounding screw.

after those screws are removed, open the 2 armrest boxes, then grab the rear corners of the console cover & give a jerk up with both hands

mtBy7w.jpg

see the 3 pieces of blue tape, that is where the screws go
TZPUJg.jpg

Blue plastic part is the cigarette lighter

mKPed3.jpg

Last edited:

Richard3030

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 SLT Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 SLT that has two outlets on the lower centre area of the dash, There is a 12v outlet on the centre driver side and a dual USB outlet on the centre passenger side. Neither of these appear to work which raises these questions:

1. Where is the location and number of the fuses that control these outlets?

2. Where can I get replacement outlets? The 12v outlet appears rusted and both outlets are missing covers.

3. Could wiring be an issue?

Any help to get started would be appreciated.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 SLT that has two outlets on the lower centre area of the dash, There is a 12v outlet on the centre driver side and a dual USB outlet on the centre passenger side. Neither of these appear to work which raises these questions:

1. Where is the location and number of the fuses that control these outlets?

2. Where can I get replacement outlets? The 12v outlet appears rusted and both outlets are missing covers.

3. Could wiring be an issue?

Any help to get started would be appreciated.
I think there is a fuse for the front ones in dash and the one in the arm rest or console depending on the seating of course. Mine has two fuses.

18GSMRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Back to the top

The keyed outlet in the front center console is not working, fuses fine, pulled center console and checked voltages at harness when key is on.... Nada.

Where is this second fuse mentioned above? I have bucket sears in the front. Any other possibilities?

Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It is labeled F16 Smartbar for me.

30 amp pink fuse they can be purchased at parts store.

ADBCA2B3-AD76-4739-9C7E-0BACF1064278.jpeg

18GSMRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is labeled F16 Smartbar for me.

30 amp pink fuse they can be purchased at parts store.

View attachment 486025

Mine is a no pop

Guess I'll have to trace the harness inside the console and see if it's close by.

I'm not gonna spend too much time trying to track it down as it's not a huge deal, especially since I can splice battery power from the rear one if needed

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
There is another one labeled as outlet maybe it would be that one.

18GSMRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll take another look at the fuses and see what else it could be, only a handful that could maybe be it. Has to be something simple

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The other fuse was normal like 12V outlet or something. I don’t recall.

18GSMRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The other fuse was normal like 12V outlet or something. I don’t recall.
Totally missed the fuse for "cigar lighter", was blown, haven't changed it yet but I'd imagine that's the one.

DirtyHippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sorry for poking an old thread, but i have recently been plauged by my 12V power plug not working and found a fuze labelled "cigar lighter" which i thought was odd. thanks to everyone for their input in this thread. i have a few things to check out now