13-17 8.4 Ra4 Uconnect Update - Latest Version?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know if a newer version than 18.45.01 has been released? My clock recently got way off and the last time this happened it was because the software needed to be updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure 18.45.01 was the latest one. It was specifically to correct the GPS and time issues due to the satellite change. Have you gone into your settings menu to make sure your time is set to GPS?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jcarden10

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven’t, but not sure how it would have changed as I havent touched any settings since I updated the software 1-2 years ago. I’ll check it in the morning though.

I’ve also been getting the 911 error message recently, so not sure if the issues are related.

It is a Ra2 to Ra4 upgrade with the 911 resistor plug. Is it possible for the resistor to go bad and start throwing the 911 message?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
From what i understand:

You have 2 ways in the Rams to communicate

The first is when your cell phone connects by bluetooth to the radio, which we all use

The 2nd way is through the 911 button on your mirror
Each Ram that has the 911 button, has its own phone modem,
( known as a Sierra Wireless module air card ) that modem is assigned to the VIN # of your Ram
It will only connect with a 911 operator

That same phone modem is also used by the other ASSIST button
To use the Assist button, you must have signed up for what is now called something like Uconnect Advantage or Uconnect Guardian, it may have a different name, but, it does have a Fee to use it,
Assist button will only connect you with Customer Care

To use the buttons on the mirror, you do Not have to have a cell phone any where around your vehicle

The Assist button:

Vehicles equipped with the Uconnect Access system feature will contain an ASSIST button on the rear view mirror. The ASSIST button will connect you directly to one of three important Uconnect Care centers for your assistance and support.
 Roadside Assistance – If you get a flat tire, or need a tow, you’ll be connected to someone who can help anytime. Additional fees may apply. (see the Disclaimers section below for more detail)
 Uconnect Care – In vehicle support for Uconnect Access System, Apps, and Features.
 Vehicle Care – Total support for your Chrysler Group vehicle.

If you are getting the 911 error message
Something is likely wrong with the Air Card

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
In the RA2 -> RA3/RA4 Upgrade, there is a 911 adaptor, basically a resistor soldered to the feed + and ground of the connector and wrapped in heat shrink, that prevents the 911 error message that one would get when they don't have the shark fin style antenna and only have the puck style antenna...

I would suggest seeing if the adaptor had dislodged itself... @Mpgrimm2 can provide more details on his adaptor...A simple continuity check could be all that's needed to confirm good/bad...