13+ LED TYC Tail Lights and PnP adapters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the passenger side installed before my wife gave me the happy wife happy life treatment and pretty much demanded a date night. Off to dinner I go, but they look great and I like the side LED touch under the 5 row LED. Thinking about putting the LED backup light(T20 6W CREE) in that Jeremy gave reference to in the EXTERIOR section. If you don't have the PJ HID heads/fogs yet, don't miss out. If you do then you know, sparkling pearls.

Ha ha ha ha ha yeah happy wife happy life. When I traded the Jeep for the Ram she was so upset she wouldn't talk to me. Needless to say my mod money quickly turned to diamond jewelry money. If I die before my wife she better not sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them. If she does someone's getting one hell of a deal!!! Ha ha ha

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
lookin' spiffy!

I've got 2 sets left on the adapters guys! Then.......it will probably be around the 1st-2nd week of December before I have more!

Do you have any sets for sale without the tail-light assemblies? I've got the LED tails I just need the wiring adaptors.
Also How much do you plan to sell the wiring adapters for separately?
I've got projector headlights to order an adapter harness for as well, just waiting to get them ordered all at the same time.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SO I'll take the silence as a no.

You never know what things are happening in life. From my personal experience, Jeremy is great and answers any questions when he has the ability. I've been waiting for a response from him myself. You can always text him if you need to.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You never know what things are happening in life. From my personal experience, Jeremy is great and answers any questions when he has the ability. I've been waiting for a response from him myself. You can always text him if you need to.
He answered my email right away. I was correct about the answer being no. Ill have to wait about a month to get my tail-light harness. Going to order the headlight harness tonight.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Do you have any sets for sale without the tail-light assemblies? I've got the LED tails I just need the wiring adaptors.
Also How much do you plan to sell the wiring adapters for separately?
I've got projector headlights to order an adapter harness for as well, just waiting to get them ordered all at the same time.

I know you've got the answer now.....but.......well....no. ;)

I don't have any in stock anymore, 1 preorder waiting......and 100 sets of these being produced at the moment. They will be available by themselves, soon!

SO I'll take the silence as a no.

:favorites13:

4th Quarter.....is my busy time. As soon as it starts getting dark around 5pm, holy crap! My email floods........yesterday I did more business than I did in a month during tax season 2012 (yeah, just growing a bit!)

Email and text are always quicker! :word:

He answered my email right away. I was correct about the answer being no. Ill have to wait about a month to get my tail-light harness. Going to order the headlight harness tonight.

you caught me doing my shipping today, so got that adapter out! Weird........STL to Joplin is 2 days via USPS.....seriously?

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Hate to make this thread bust up out of the grave and start shambling around, but...

I noticed someone else was going to put the CREE backup lights in these things, and I was thinking of the same thing (already got the CREEs in my stock tails). Will these fit in the TYCs?

921 912 906 T15 5W CREE LED Reverse Wedge Bulbs - Retro-Solutions Store

Or would I need the bigger 7440s? (http://retro-solutions.net/product-..._Reverse_Side_Emitter_Wedge_Bulbs-pid874.html I think)

And, maybe this should have been the first question: do the TYCs come with LED backup lights? :D

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
TYCs are designed just like OEM, and the same bulbs fit.

I haven't followed what Retro-Solutions has been up to since I moved my purchasing elsewhere (2+ years ago), so....not sure what is the setup for those.

The TYCs from "stock" form come with a regular incandescent bulb.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
TYCs are designed just like OEM, and the same bulbs fit.

I haven't followed what Retro-Solutions has been up to since I moved my purchasing elsewhere (2+ years ago), so....not sure what is the setup for those.

The TYCs from "stock" form come with a regular incandescent bulb.

That's what I was hoping you'd say. If the backup bulbs mounting angle are identical to the stock OEM non-LEDs, then the backup lights should be perfect. (They're side-emitters, but at an angle to account for how the bulbs are installed in the OEMs, so they point straight back instead of kinda cockeyed up or down.)

Your website is gonna cost me a lot of money when I get it saved up. :roflsquared:

Thanks!
-Mike

mtday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dragging this one up from the dead, but has anyone else had their TYC lights fail? I don't think mine even lasted a year. Was just cleaning the garage and found them, I would hate to throw away expensive lights but they're pretty much worthless now.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Dragging this one up from the dead, but has anyone else had their TYC lights fail? I don't think mine even lasted a year. Was just cleaning the garage and found them, I would hate to throw away expensive lights but they're pretty much worthless now.
Havent had it fail per say but i bought one to replace a broken factory led tail light and the tyc caused a tail light out error

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Yes.....I've seen them fail. Fun part though.....TYC no longer makes them due to patent restrictions. I can't even get them replaced under warranty......as they no longer "exist" in their system.....

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
yup both of mine have intermittent LEDS. I hate it. I need to find OEM ones cheap

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I didn't think yours where TYC Matt? I thought they where Spyder?

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I didn't think yours where TYC Matt? I thought they where Spyder?

yes leds are out on those too. I struck a deal on RF for a set of TYC OEM LEDs.

I've been SOL on LED tails :3681700201_eef6d1e2:homoswitch:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
oh.....