14 ram 8hp70 used transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparManiac440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, I'm changing the transmission(8hp70) in my 14 ram due to a slight torque converter slip in all gears. My question is do I have to put that tcm in the new used Transmission or can I just have a dealer program the other Trans to the vehicle without swapping anything.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are changing the transmission due to TC slip? If it’s the torque converter wouldn’t it be easy enough to just have that swapped?

OP
OP
M

MoparManiac440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not sure if it's the torque converter catching the transmission slipping or the torque converter itself slipping, so I found a good used one with 47k on it compared to my 150k trans

OP
OP
M

MoparManiac440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a guy on here claim there was a reflash that addresses this possible slip in a service bulletin but the dealer said that everything was up to date and that they didn't have to do the flash, TC mv were jumping right at the slip, they thought it was TC or trans