1400 Mile trip towing the trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I took the trailer out for a 1400 mile round trip the other week (about 1000 towing). Got just over 11mpg towing but man the gas prices suck. 4.59 around me and up to 5.19 where we ended up. Used Mid-grade the entire trip.

I will say the 33 gallon tank is awesome.

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
Aside from the gas prices, I hope everything went well. What trailer are you towing?
We're bringing my daughter to college in August, so I have a 1300 mile round trip towing the 5w to make that happen. Scarily enough, it's a bit cheaper to tow the 5w at 9mpg and stay at a campground than to drive the wife's Jeep at 22 mpg and pay for a hotel for a week. Flying is far worse.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Aside from the gas prices, I hope everything went well. What trailer are you towing?
We're bringing my daughter to college in August, so I have a 1300 mile round trip towing the 5w to make that happen. Scarily enough, it's a bit cheaper to tow the 5w at 9mpg and stay at a campground than to drive the wife's Jeep at 22 mpg and pay for a hotel for a week. Flying is far worse.
Everything went great, thank you. Towing a small 23' trailer. It is a Gulf Stream 19ERD.

I hope your trip goes well also