1500-1800 RPM Engine shudder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dawe-o-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi guys, I have 2004 5.7 Ram 1500 and today I did 400km round trip through the mountains. When I drive in 5th gear in around 1500-1800RPM thats around 80-90Km/h and start to slowly accelerate (mostly up hill, but happens on flats aswell) just gently enough that the transmission doesn't kick down a gear. The engine shudders, stutters, chokes. The best I can describe it, that it feels like when you drive a standard and you rev too low on high gear, so the engine feels like it will stall.
It is only happening on those revs, once you get over 2000RPM it is smooth as usually.

I tried to search forums and I found out it can be everything from spark plugs, ERG valve, high octane fuel, to lifters, so I just want to ask here if anybody had the same problem.

shanonnew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just checking to see if you were able to figure out what the issue was? Thx!

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
So...one arseclown makes a single post 5yrs ago and some other poor guy with (probably) the same issue desperately searches for an answer. My suggestion: Make a new post.