1500 Classic and AEV Procal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Has anyone tried the AEV Procal for the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic?

I know the 18 and 19 Classic are the same so I'm curious to know if anyone tried it yet for the 19 Classic.

There is a note on the website saying This Pro Cal Module WILL NOT work on 2019 Ram 1500 models. Its not clear if they're only referring to the 5th gens. I already spoke with the AEV rep and he couldn't verify it either. Essentially, I was told that I will just need to give it a try to find out...

Link: https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/ram-procal/#year

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Cool item, I used the Rough Country speedometer corrector, about same price and reads codes.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I have a 19 Classic too, and I will be ordering a RC. I haven't tried to Procal, just read all what it can do, which is nice, but if you have to visit a dealer they may log you've made changed to the OBD port. You have to unglug the OBD port, plug in an adapter harness, etc. And if dealer needs to flash for TPMS, they can log in the nationwide database tampering with port.
I like the ability to leave fogs on with highs, but the Rough Country you plug in and drive and it changes via satellite, I used on my 2015 and loved it.

https://www.roughcountry.com/speedometer-calibrator-90019.html

OP
OP
greatwhitegoat
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I have a 19 Classic too, and I will be ordering a RC. I haven't tried to Procal, just read all what it can do, which is nice, but if you have to visit a dealer they may log you've made changed to the OBD port. You have to unglug the OBD port, plug in an adapter harness, etc. And if dealer needs to flash for TPMS, they can log in the nationwide database tampering with port.
I like the ability to leave fogs on with highs, but the Rough Country you plug in and drive and it changes via satellite, I used on my 2015 and loved it.

https://www.roughcountry.com/speedometer-calibrator-90019.html

Yea i read a lot of good reviews on RC as well as other brands but I havent found anyone post for the 19 Classic. All calibrators I found is compatible up to 2018 and they all have a note that says its not going to work for 2019 models.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I bet the RC will work, the 19 classic is the same as the 18. And the link I sent should cover ours.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I was just Chatting with RC, the one I posted works for 2019 Classics

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I will probably order mine when I get back from my trip next week, on the road for a week.
Ive had truck since Dec 29th...only has 2100 miles LOL
sits in garage alot

OP
OP
greatwhitegoat
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I will probably order mine when I get back from my trip next week, on the road for a week.
Ive had truck since Dec 29th...only has 2100 miles LOL
sits in garage alot

gotcha. keep us posted how the RC update goes. right now my truck is outside my garage because of the mess in the garage and by "mess", I meant truck parts i ordered waiting to get installed. lol

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To all of you with 2019 classic, do yourself a huge favor and skip the AEV and RC and get the Alfaodb, I spent the money on the AEV when I put my tires on and it was just a waste, I later learned about Alfa and it was half the cost, I can program virtually anything in the BCM as well as adjust speedo and TPMS. It’s also a great code scanner. I think it ran like $125 all together. Why buy a one trick pony for as much or more than something that can do much more?

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-580#post-1973969

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
585 pages, no thanks...have cliff notes?

Does it track adjustments in the BCM for the dealer to see?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

It’s not 585 pages of instructions. Everything needed to know is in the very first post and it is constantly updated by the OP. The rest are conversations about figuring out some of the features and mostly the same questions asked over and over again because they never looked at the first post.
As far as tracking adjustments in the BCM- it’s not a “tuner”. It’s just a tool that is turning on/off features in the BCM that are already there, the same thing the dealer would be doing when they add sales codes. Now, of course, if you install factory keyless enter n go or something like that, and the push button fails, it won’t be covered under warranty. It makes the exact same a adjustments as procal or rc in the BCM, just a different means of doing it.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

It’s not hard at all, most everything you need to know is in the very first post of that thread. You will see about half way down the words “known working list”. Click on that and there are step by step directions on the most popular procedures. He keeps updating that file as people figure things out and they are confirmed to work. The other nice thing is that we have a few members that communicate with the developer to add things we want or need.

Alfa also is a great code scanner, not only tells you the code but gives more info.

The dealer isn’t going to go through your bcm line by line and try to figure out if you changed anything, not only that, this is no different than having a sales code added by the dealer.

OP
OP
greatwhitegoat
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
To all of you with 2019 classic, do yourself a huge favor and skip the AEV and RC and get the Alfaodb, I spent the money on the AEV when I put my tires on and it was just a waste, I later learned about Alfa and it was half the cost, I can program virtually anything in the BCM as well as adjust speedo and TPMS. It’s also a great code scanner. I think it ran like $125 all together. Why buy a one trick pony for as much or more than something that can do much more?

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-580#post-1973969

At first, I was looking into a calibrator + extras such as the Pulsar. I placed an order and found out that they cant legally ship to California. So it made it challenging for me to get a hold of what most of you guys are getting. At the time I ordered AEV, it seems like my only choice was to go with a "one trick pony" because they will ship to California.

I'd definitely keep Alfa in mind so thanks for mentioning it. Hoping AEV works so I can put this to bed and enjoy my truck. If not, glad to know I have another possible solution that I can look into.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
At first, I was looking into a calibrator + extras such as the Pulsar. I placed an order and found out that they cant legally ship to California. So it made it challenging for me to get a hold of what most of you guys are getting. At the time I ordered AEV, it seems like my only choice was to go with a "one trick pony" because they will ship to California.

I'd definitely keep Alfa in mind so thanks for mentioning it. Hoping AEV works so I can put this to bed and enjoy my truck. If not, glad to know I have another possible solution that I can look into.
Alfaobd is an app on the google play store, so California shouldn’t have anything to do with it. A Bluetooth OBD interface shouldn’t be threatening, even to California (although I can’t say I’d be shocked if it was).

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I used the AEV to set my tire size before I knew about Alfa. It worked well and it does have a few other functions. You could always have the pulsar shipped to a friend then have them send it to you lol.

OP
OP
greatwhitegoat
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I used the AEV to set my tire size before I knew about Alfa. It worked well and it does have a few other functions. You could always have the pulsar shipped to a friend then have them send it to you lol.

I was actually in the process of doing that for the pulsar. Until someone recommended superchips so I ordered it without reading the specs. When I received it I realized it wasnt even compatible. I am planning a roadtrip to Utah this year, I wonder if they have them for sale...hmmm

sjhdu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Did the AEV ProCal work for you? I'm pretty set on getting a Classic truck and am going to change the tires.