1500 Dually

drebravos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L diesel
Just got a 2021 1500 eco diesel. Looking to see if anyone has converted to a dually or if I’m going to be the Christopher Columbus of this endeavor.

TBONE 2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think it's that stupid look at all the old Toyota 2 wheel drive trucks that had the built on huge campers on them they were dually ,and I still see a lot of them on the road today. To each their own, that's what makes the world go round.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think it's that stupid look at all the old Toyota 2 wheel drive trucks that had the built on huge campers on them they were dually ,and I still see a lot of them on the road today. To each their own, that's what makes the world go round.

Or like the dually square body suburbans some people have done:
You must be registered for see images attach

Not sure how it would turn out on a 1500 ram, haven't seen that one done yet.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
If you are doing it to be different then have at it. If you are doing it to gain towing capacity don't waste your time and money. No matter what you do your max towing and payload will not change. In fact you will lose capacity due to the curb weight of the vehicle being higher. If you NEED the higher tow capacity then get a different truck

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you are doing it to be different then have at it. If you are doing it to gain towing capacity don't waste your time and money. No matter what you do your max towing and payload will not change. In fact you will lose capacity due to the curb weight of the vehicle being higher. If you NEED the higher tow capacity then get a different truck

Not even close to being true... You can do many things to change max towing and payload...
What he wants to do might not increase, and could make it worse.
But the max payload and towing are based on stock truck with certain options. Period.

Once you start changing things. You affect those numbers. Good or Bad. And depending on what you change.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Just got a 2021 1500 eco diesel. Looking to see if anyone has converted to a dually or if I’m going to be the Christopher Columbus of this endeavor.
I would ask "why do you want to do this?" before I make comments based on assumptions.

Please enlighten us now that you have our attention.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not even close to being true... You can do many things to change max towing and payload...
What he wants to do might not increase, and could make it worse.
But the max payload and towing are based on stock truck with certain options. Period.

Once you start changing things. You affect those numbers. Good or Bad. And depending on what you change.

I might be mistaken, but I believe what he was saying was more in terms of legality. As in, get pulled over and whatever the factory door sticker says is what you can legally tow, regardless of any enhancements you have made. Correct me if I am wrong though @dhay13