1500 Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not even close to being true... You can do many things to change max towing and payload...
What he wants to do might not increase, and could make it worse.
But the max payload and towing are based on stock truck with certain options. Period.

Once you start changing things. You affect those numbers. Good or Bad. And depending on what you change.
If you can get it certified (which I strongly doubt) then it might be a go. Even so, legality and liability are the big drawback to actually using it for a hauler. Show truck, sure, hauler I doubt.

JohnLBader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Why can't you pay extra to increase your vehicle tonnage? I done this on my old 99 Dodge 2500 went to 10k from 8800. Washington state

JohnLBader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Randy Grant,, I was able to Increase with out greasing someone. I just paid the extra tonnage rates

JNelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did the same thing hot shotting. Increased my GCWR to the tire load rating. DOT never had a problem. I was registered at 36,000 gcwr. Did haul a few loads over that but the luckily the chicken house was closed. Heaviest was 38k. Pulled it 70mph in the big hole. Electric over hydraulic brakes worked well.