1500-wanna-bee, but have questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbird71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are right on your list two bottom levels to add are Express and Tradesman.

The SLTs I see here mostly in rental trucks, SLT trim used to mean something but now just a little extra interior trim is about all I see.

Big horns do have a V6 as base motor, and I have seen new 2019 Laramies with a V6 in FL.

You see v6 new and used listing for roughly 3000-4000 LESS than the Hemi. I remember it used to be the other way around in 2013-2014. You'll pay at trade in time if you get a V6. (Dealers dont like em, too hard to sell.)

They add/delete to adjust price point on sticker, lower priced Big Horns and Laramies 99% of the time have BENCH seats, buckets and console are extra 600 or so I believe, altho in the Big horn (new 2019 and classics) you get a power driver seat. I've looked at so many I'm tired. Looking for that proverbial once in a blue moon deal that hasn't came around, at least not this year (yet)
Always seem to be sacrificing a wanted option and/or settling for options I neither want nor need. I'll find something.

Good Lookin 2012 you got

Last edited:

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I think you'll like the power wagon it is a 2500 so it wont ride quite like a 1500 but you will get all your off road goodies and then some. I wanted the power wagon but it was shy on the payload it's not much better than the 1500.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think you'll like the power wagon it is a 2500 so it wont ride quite like a 1500 but you will get all your off road goodies and then some. I wanted the power wagon but it was shy on the payload it's not much better than the 1500.

The payload is actually even less than the half ton. At least for my laramie power wagon vs my 1500 big horn.