16 Ram 1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New build/truck thread incoming?

And when you aren't looking I might swap diffs with this truck

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I’ll get another thread going for the eco.
Lol, actually swapping the transfer cases crossed my mind. The new truck has the 44-44. I did notice a difference in how the 4wd performs when in lock over the weekend. Was a mild rock patch up hill with boulders and small stuff. I know the white truck could have just gone straight up and over without hesitation. The eco feels way heavier and had to pick better lines to get up and over but I do love having all the extra power and torque. Figure I may be investing in a lock up switch before winter comes around.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lock up switch vs transfer case and shift knob swap with AlfaOBD, for what you do I'd probably lean towards the swap, the lock up switch has some limitations and is still clutch based.

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
The idea behind this truck is to use it mainly as a daily and occasional off-road, sell the white truck and buy either a Polaris/samurai/Cherokee or older blazer and build as a dedicated off road vehicle.

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Any eco updates?
Swapped all suspension components to the eco. Got it properly tuned and it runs incredible, plenty of power for my needs and averaging 22mpg with the 34s. Went with some BD squadrons. Installed the winch but still have the factory bumper on, I’ll eventually get around to putting on the prerunner bumper from the white truck.
Been slammed lately and haven’t been on here as much as I used to. Moved back to Arizona, bought a house (fixer upper), started my own fabrication business and got my contractors license. So needless to say truck mods have been on the back burner.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Swapped all suspension components to the eco. Got it properly tuned and it runs incredible, plenty of power for my needs and averaging 22mpg with the 34s. Went with some BD squadrons. Installed the winch but still have the factory bumper on, I’ll eventually get around to putting on the prerunner bumper from the white truck.
Been slammed lately and haven’t been on here as much as I used to. Moved back to Arizona, bought a house (fixer upper), started my own fabrication business and got my contractors license. So needless to say truck mods have been on the back burner.
I feel that on all levels. Who did you use for a tune? I'm somewhere around 20-22mpg at 75mph average on my 34s with 3.55s.

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I feel that on all levels. Who did you use for a tune? I'm somewhere around 20-22mpg at 75mph average on my 34s with 3.55s.
Went through diesel discounter and I believe the tuner is GDP. Have the 3.92 ratio in this one.