'16 Ram Bighorn seat to '17 Laramie seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spkuehnel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
First time poster, long time follower.

I have a '16 Bighorn with cloth heated front seats, powered driver seat (manual passenger), and heated steering wheel with the 8.4 and center console (no jump seat). I purchased a set of '17 Laramie heated/cooled/powered fronts with heated rears. I also have a factory harness and panel for the rear heated seats.

Everything bolted up and rear seat wiring was pin for pin (5 pin connector). The LED's are working in the rear which is a plus however, the fronts seem to be off. Before I go any further, I need to verify if I have the correct wiring/modules under the driver seat. I've combed through Google pics of underside shots of the driver seat (Laramie) and from what I gather, I do not have the associated modules in my Laramie seats. The passenger seat has a module located just under the front part of the lower cushion but the connector from the floor and the seat connector do not match.

I realize that posting some pics of the undersides of my seats would help you out but I cannot do that until this weekend. That being said, I've attached a pic of what I think the underside of the driver's seat is suppose to have. My seat does not have those modules in the pic attached.

If any of you are willing to help, I can snap some pics of whatever you need to help with my journey.

TIA,
Sean

Attachments

• seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
spkuehnel

spkuehnel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Bringing this post back to life...

Attached are the underside of my driver's seat. Again, these are suppose to be heated/cooled 2017 Laramie seats. Can anyone help verify if these are indeed heated/cooled seats?

I have more pics if needed.

V/R,
Sean

2017 Laramie DS.PNG2017 Laramie DS_1.PNG2017 Laramie DS_2.PNG2017 Laramie DS_3.PNG

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Did you figure it out? The cooled seats would have holes and the heated part would be easy to check for by pulling up the cover and looking. I am going to swap my manual seat so found your post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spkuehnel

spkuehnel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The seats I bought are definitely not heated and cooled. I was hoping that the modules were the only thing missing but thats not even the case. I've come to the conclusion that I got taken for my old seats plus $1750. I'll be looking for the correct seats when funds are available. I hope your endeavor goes well, sir.
Do you figure it out? The cooled seats would have holes and the heated part would be easy to check for by pulling up the cover and looking. I am going to swap my manual seat so found your post.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sorry to hear that! I was planning to just find power seat. I have a weird SLT that came with 8.4 nav but not a lot of other options. I added leather wheel and swapped the cluster. I also added climate control. Next I want to do these seats because the manual seat isn’t very comfortable. Trying to find a seat has been the hard part.

OP
OP
spkuehnel

spkuehnel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
No worries. Keep us posted. Never a bad thing to have too much tech info out there. Heck, if you have pics of your process, post them up here if you'd like.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The seats I bought are definitely not heated and cooled. I was hoping that the modules were the only thing missing but thats not even the case. I've come to the conclusion that I got taken for my old seats plus $1750. I'll be looking for the correct seats when funds are available. I hope your endeavor goes well, sir.
OOPS, well dat suks