17 Ram 1500 SRT Build... SRT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrackRevolution

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SRT? Simply Sean's Ram Truck for now but that acronym will certainly change.
A little back story I purchased the truck in May of 19 as you see it in the first few pics.
Plain jane Express 5.7 4x4 with a few things done already. Alpine X009 head unit, single JL 10w3v3, Kicker Coaxials in the doors and dash, tint, tonneau cover and Air Lift 1000 bags.

Really like the truck but in order to love it I have to add my personal touches to it.

Might get kind of picture heavy but it could be far better/worse since I forget to take pics often.

State at time of purchase:

8Is1yrj.jpg

MDEsYyd.jpg

k5ykDmr.jpg

7A0UwXu.jpg

W2qFIxZ.jpg

hAmYhKZ.jpg

The near future:

19 Durango SRT heated and ventilated front seats and heated rears.
4 10" L7S', KSS6704 6.75" Separates in the doors and KSC35 3.5" Coaxials in the dash.
2 CXA360.4 amps (doors/dash), 2 CXA800.1 amps (subs).
Audio Control Epicenter and Stinger 10 farad hybrid capacitor
Ram front console and custom rear console/sealed enclosure/amp rack.

Lugdg93.jpg

BaolqAc.jpg

Lm3jrQX.jpg

t3IW41K.jpg

Quick draft of rear console/enclosure/amp rack.
bMggPUO.jpg

And it begins

Swapping center stack bezel to console style and running speaker wire. Original head unit install used factory wiring.

UVf6Y3H.jpg

949HpXa.jpg

c8KpBSU.jpg

In the zone or lost my mind not sure which.

EtiVVqh.jpg

Removed tracks from SRT seats to cut off the Durango attachment points so I have a flat surface to work with.

ItF39Eh.jpg

Using spot weld cutter to remove the rivets on Ram seats so I can use the attachment points on the SRT seats.

3EYbk9m.jpg

Out of time for now and it's my daily so in the front seats go.

YGMB6kd.jpg

To be continued...

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! Excited to see how this comes out!

OP
OP
TrackRevolution

TrackRevolution

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! Excited to see how this comes out!
Me too just hope it turns out as well in reality as it does in my mind without redoing it several times. I suffer from a bit of OCD and perfectionitis so I will get it there it's just a matter of how many corrections is it going to take.

Oh snaps ! lol ...
May be showing my age but not sure what that means.

OP
OP
TrackRevolution

TrackRevolution

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
TrackRevolution

TrackRevolution

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing new as far as stereo or interior but I did make some changes. IHC 3/5 and Hellcat reps wrapped in 305/45R22 General Grabber UHPs.
Yes she needed a bath it had rained earlier that day.

01.jpg

20210922_174832.jpg

20210922_174855.jpg

20210922_174917.jpg

20210922_174936.jpg

OP
OP
TrackRevolution

TrackRevolution

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice stance, how’s it ride?
Hate to say but as delivered not as expected, the supplied shocks are too short (19.5" max, 19"ish @ ride height) which makes it ride substandard IMO.
I just got different shocks that are a better match, if rebound ride quality is a fair amount better I will leave it but if not I will be switching to coil replacement bags for the rear.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great! Really like the stance of it.

Let us know if you need anything. Message me for a quote. We offer just about everything aftermarket

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Looks good!!!

FamilyWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hate to say but as delivered not as expected, the supplied shocks are too short (19.5" max, 19"ish @ ride height) which makes it ride substandard IMO.
I just got different shocks that are a better match, if rebound ride quality is a fair amount better I will leave it but if not I will be switching to coil replacement bags for the rear.
Wow, interesting to hear that. Makes me happy with my 0/2 drop then.

Not that I could run that drop with my wheel set up anyways. But I had almost gone that route.

OP
OP
TrackRevolution

TrackRevolution

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, interesting to hear that. Makes me happy with my 0/2 drop then.

Not that I could run that drop with my wheel set up anyways. But I had almost gone that route.
I just got back from a test drive after installing proper length QA1s. Now it rides pretty close to original and I'm pleased.
When removing the supplied shocks I discovered they were more extended than I originally thought and they were fully extended at ride height.
Right side was even compressing the spring a touch and the bolt was cocking as I threaded it out of the shock/bracket.
The kit is sold as a 3/5 drop but to get the 5" you have to cut about 1.5 coils off the top of the spring.
I left them as is so in my case the shocks were extended slightly more than typical. Given the high angle of the shock the shock travels much less
than the axle so that extra inch would only change the shock position about 1/2".