18' Ram 2500 RA2 5" Uconnect radio rear camera softkey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My father has a 2018 Ram 2500 6.7 Tradesman with the factory RA2 5" touchscreen. After he took his truck to the Ram dealer in 2018 for the shifter interlock recall now when you press the physical button on the far right of the radio bezel that says "+More" it has a soft key (icon) labeled "Rear Camera". When you press the icon it lights up and the radio beeps recognizing you have touched the icon but does not pull up the oem backup camera that came factory on his truck. I know that in 2016+ they added the ability to toggle on the rear camera at any speed for 7 seconds when your truck has the 8.4 installed. He has drove a 2019 Bighorn that has the same size radio and when you press the rear camera soft key/icon under (+more) the backup camera displays as it should. I have also drove a 2020 Promaster with the same RA2 5" radio and the feature works as well. When I removed my UAQ from my 17' Tradesman before selling the truck and reinstalled my factory RA2 my truck had the same feature pop up under the more section on the radio due to me previously enabling the "radio trailer hitch camera" option in the BCM with Alpha OBD software but, the feature would not work in that truck as well. Has anyone else experienced this issue and been able to resolve it or know why it will not work? His truck has been at the Ram dealer for over a week now for other issues and after mentioning this to them they claim it's a safety feature. Obviously not considering it works on the 2019-2020 Promasters & Rams if not across all the Chrysler platforms now.

16' CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC
4bcc035f58d207694aa4595d500f6cfd.jpg

Last edited: