'18 Ram T-bypass SGW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashton

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18
Engine
Hemi
Hi all, first post on here. I came across this new sgw t-bypass from zautomotive, thought i'd post some info on it. I will post the link below.. So at first i was happy with the price of this unit and the fact that it gave you two obd II ports. Then i went to put it in.. and the one connector is not the right size to attach to the white block. These are supposed to be made for the 2018 ram's. There aren't even instructions with the cable, and i asked if they used a different block to tap into but they have not gotten back to me. If anybody used this bypass and had it work please let me know. Thanks

https://zautomotive.com/product/obdii-t-harness-short/

Redheadhunter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
One goes into a white block and the other is green IIRC, opposite of the color of the connectors and close by under the dash panel

OP
OP
Ashton

Ashton

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the reply, but the connector they have is not correct. Trying to reslove the issue with them. If you look at deereguy's harness it has one large connector and one small one. The one from zauto has two small ones. It does not fit in the white block. Save yourself the trouble and just buy the harness from deereguy, his looks like it's better quality too.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks for the reply, but the connector they have is not correct. Trying to reslove the issue with them. If you look at deereguy's harness it has one large connector and one small one. The one from zauto has two small ones. It does not fit in the white block. Save yourself the trouble and just buy the harness from deereguy, his looks like it's better quality too.

You are absolutely correct in suggesting purchasing the bypass harness from M2Mods a vendor here on the forum. I purchased all my harnesses from @DeereGuy / @Mpgrimm2 and they are a perfect plug and play complete with detailed instructions everytime.

All of their harnesses and products are excellent and you get great support too!!!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
... Often immitated comes to mind.

Guess they weren't selling a lot of their original security Bypasses and zAuto haven't figured out the difference yet in some of the 18 trucks. DeereGuy has this one on lock down.

M² Mods.