19 3500 HO Cummins No Throttle Respons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I added a pedal monster to my truck as I was not a fan of the lag. Works great and easy install. That is a definite excessive amount of DEF usage, I have 5000 miles and have only used just over one full tank of DEF

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Interesting. I have also sometimes experienced this dead pedal phenomena on my '19 3500 High Output 6.7 Cummins. But not all the time. The other day, accelerating up hill on a long on ramp to the freeway, I got my foot into it pretty good, and it set me back in my seat. So why doe this only happen sometimes?

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Interesting. I have also sometimes experienced this dead pedal phenomena on my '19 3500 High Output 6.7 Cummins. But not all the time. The other day, accelerating up hill on a long on ramp to the freeway, I got my foot into it pretty good, and it set me back in my seat. So why doe this only happen sometimes?
I've got a rig like yours, 20 ram 3500 ho hd 6.7 drw 4.10 w/aisin and air ride. From my experience once its rolling along and if you put it to the floor it will throw you back into your seat. BUTTTTTTTT if your sitting still either getting ready to make a turn or pull out into traffic and you Matt It from a standstill , your dead in the water and have become a traffic hazard a liability and a safety issue. I've contacted ram but you know the story, it works as designed. Pretty good diagnosis from behind a cell phone.
Everyone says to just feather it a little off the line then punch it wich does work but I'm sorry when I'm pulling out into traffic and this big pig of an sob won't gettiup I just feel like I'm going to get t boned.
I'm definitly considering the banks pedal monster. I was just waiting for banks to come out with a cai for the new diesels and i was going to combine my order.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
2021 6.7 with Aisin....I have experienced dead pedal when rolling. The fact is, it didn't want to downshift so it rolled the power on gently. usually does it below 25mph. Turn on the tow/haul mode and that crap moots....It holds a gear, shifts when proper, and hauls ass.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
2021 6.7 with Aisin....I have experienced dead pedal when rolling. The fact is, it didn't want to downshift so it rolled the power on gently. usually does it below 25mph. Turn on the tow/haul mode and that crap moots....It holds a gear, shifts when proper, and hauls ass.
Nice, never thought about kicking on the tow haul on the take off, ive always used it for toweing obviously but when not hooked up i use it for increased engine braking. I'll have to try that tyvm