'19 5.7 Hemi Swap into '15 5.7 Ram Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicko368

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have read through the few posts on this topic, but mainly just see quite a few of 2018 hemi 5.7s being the donor for the swaps into older model Rams. I have only seen 2 threads referring to the 2019 5.7 hemi being the donor, and those threads appear to have been abandoned. I have recently purchased a 2015 Dodge Ram Sport, with a spun main bearing, collapsed lifters, and worn cam at 260k miles. I have also come across a 2019 5.7 hemi (non eTorque) with 22k miles, that I would like to swap into it because it is way cheaper than any of the remans I have found, and I like the idea of how new the engine itself is. I was wondering if anyone here has done these swaps, with great success, and may have any tips or advice for me before I get to work next week tearing into it. From my understanding, and from one pretty detailed YouTube video, this seems to be pretty much a direct replacement, with just a few minor tweaks needing to be done, such as removing the oil cooler, and changing the flywheeI, but I really just wanted to come in here and get a little more feedback on this type of swap. I feel like this may become a more popular alternative to swapping in these trucks with their reputation for their lifter and cam issues, and the prices of these 2019 engines, so I really just wanted to start a new thread on this, so others that are looking into the same thing could perhaps find just a little bit more information before they dive in and start getting their hands on things. Any information would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: