'19 adaptive cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rablwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really, really interested in this option. For any of you new owners that have it out there. How does adaptive cruise control work in heavy traffic? I commute to Houston. If there is much more than a car length between you and the car in front of you, somebody will fill the spot. If the distance is too great with the cruise control on, you would be effectively going backward. However, if the distance is adjustable, or natively tight enough, I will be replacing my '14 Sport very soon.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
The distance is adjustable. It also knows if someone darts in front of you so it won’t slam the brakes on. I had the feature in my Charger rallye which I traded in on my Power wagon and it’s the only option I miss. I used it ALL the time. It’s useful in any amount of traffic, light, heavy, or non existent. Get it and I promise you’ll be thanking me.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I had it in my 15 Challenger. I too miss it greatly. I used it all the time

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My dad had it on his 05 cadillac sts. It worked really well. I have to think the systems are even better now.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I had it on my infinity Q45 back in 2003 and loved it. I now have on my MB S550. It also has the lane keeping feature which is nice once you get used to it. It won't let you take your hands off the wheel for more than 10 seconds or so but it does make long trips a lot less taxing. Cadilllac has super cruise this year and you can take your hands off the steering wheel for extended periods. Most all of the systems will brake for you and they can be turned off if you don't want them.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It will come to a stop for you and start back up but if it has to stop completely for more than a few seconds I think it disengages

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rablwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate your replies. It is something I will go to the dealer to check out.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I have it on my charger. Haven’t used it much yet but so far it’s a nice feature.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I suspect there will be a recall soon in reading all the info for the recall for my adaptive cruise on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have the 2019 Ram Limited and haven't gotten notice yet. I have liked my Adaptive Cruise on the truck so far and love it on the Jeep.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I suspect there will be a recall soon in reading all the info for the recall for my adaptive cruise on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have the 2019 Ram Limited and haven't gotten notice yet. I have liked my Adaptive Cruise on the truck so far and love it on the Jeep.
what is said recall?

Frank Bailey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Used it for the first time today on a trip to Galveston, TX. It’s awesome! Responds well and stops completely. I had an idiot dash in front of me and it slowed way down and has sounds and flashing breaks on the consol. I just have to decide where to rest my foot now. Lol. It’s definitely worth its cost.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have 2800 miles on mine and it works great. it is one of the main reasons i bought the 2019. It is working very well for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corumba