19 gone 21 in the oven

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought an in transit 21 limited with tech pak, ram box and e-torque. Has anyone had problems with e-torque smoothness. One guy is telling me his is rough. Test drive today was smooth. The ramboxes seem to be irregular on every truck I've seen. Are those adjustable to get them flush. I've seen some that are perfect.

BowDown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My etorque is smooth and has been flawless, 6K miles

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
No issues here, BEST start,stop out there.

Never get below 16 MPG, would be HIGHER if we had smaller lighter feet !!! LOL

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 21 has been flawless, including the Ram Box lids. Perfectly aligned and the only sign of warpage is if you look straightline down the bed, and then only very minor imperfections. But... I live in Texas, so it hasn't yet seen the days of that punishing heat we get down here, so the verdict is still out on the test of time thing.

OP
OP
TimboRam77

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the responses, been truckless for about two weeks and finding as Bart Simpson said '' It's unpossible. The owner I spoke with reference the e-torque lurch must be an isolated issue.

OP
OP
TimboRam77

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bump
Perhaps I'm worried about an issue that will not occur but is there an adjustment for leveling rambox. I've looked at numerous trucks and a gentle press normally brings them flush.

z0n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi with Etorque
I have a 19 with etorque. Its flawless. No issues or problems. Very smooth. I dont want ram boxes as they have created havoc for some that have warping lids. Plus I dont want to have that narrow of a bed.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a 19 with etorque. Its flawless. No issues or problems. Very smooth. I dont want ram boxes as they have created havoc for some that have warping lids. Plus I dont want to have that narrow of a bed.
Of the people who have had issues with the rambox lids, the vast majority of us have said that we'd buy them again, knowing they will probably be a problem. The usefulness of them outweighs the cosmetic flaws. The only time I miss that space is when I do a landfill run, which is about once a year.

Now the etorque is another story. I'd prefer to not have gotten that, but so far it hasn't caused any problems. I will say that it's better than any other vehicle I've driven with auto stop/start.

Buffchief52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e torque.
2020 5.7 L Laramie, 7885 miles, no etorque issues. This 2020 is the smoothest acceleration and shifting Ram I’ve had. Owned a 2013 and 2015 both 5.7 hemi. Love this 5th gen !

OP
OP
TimboRam77

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
only 1300 miles and I agree, very smooth. Coming from no e-torque and 3.21 gears to 3.92 it was very jerky until I learned to feather the pedal. very responsive. My previous 1500 had many electrical issues and my impression is the hybrid battery helps stabilize the 12 volt system which is imperative in such an electrically dependant vehicle. I hope I've got a good one this time.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Have a 2019 Limited with eTorque and it’s really smooth. I would order it again if I upgrade.