19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Custom box or prefab ?
I was told it is a custom box made from a local woodworker that is glued, screwed and nailed with seam sealer used as well. It's likely from a prefab design though. I thoroughly looked it over before installation and it definitely looks custom, with the weight of quality MDF.

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was told it is a custom box made from a local woodworker that is glued, screwed and nailed with seam sealer used as well. It's likely from a prefab design though. I thoroughly looked it over before installation and it definitely looks custom, with the weight of quality MDF.
Of course… I’ve had the hardest time trying to find something prefab to fit under there without lifting the rear seats.

Mark Ubl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For what it's worth, I like the HK system myself. As an audiophile and lifelong musician with a recording studio and numerous Marantz and McIntosh system in my house, the HK performs pretty well. Have I scoped it, no. Are my ears shot from 50 years of live music, you bet :) My golden ears have turned to tin :) Will it win a stop light music battle.., no way. Does it sound reasonable for connected hi-res MP3, yes. (BTW, XM is so compressed, I don't even use it for comparison). As far as "factory" systems, it beats my factory C7 vette, Lexus Levinson and my Cadillac AKG hands down. Even my brother commented he liked it better than anything else I own including his own Subaru HK system. It "feels" nice to me and that's all that matters :) YMMV.

Maryland_Man

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Is the
  • 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound worth the extra $? It comes with the Limited level 1 equipment level.
You will enjoy the HK system. I'm a 66yo that likes electronic dance music such as Daft Punk.

logboom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Etorque
I have the HK 19 speaker system. I also have an 07 Silverado with the Bose system. I think the Bose Sub is more pronounced. BUT, after a career of being in and around logging equipment and playing drums - my ears ring 24/7.
I've noticed I get a bit richer sound using TIDL or Spotify off Android Auto. But hey! I've not even got 600 miles on my Laramie so I'm still fiddling.......