1984 Dodge Ram W150 Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Techniix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a 1984 Dodge Ram W150 that used to have the computer box that sits underneath the driver-side fender well. This box had two large connectors that go into it that controlled the timing, fuel/air mixture, and to be honest, I'm not sure what all else. My problem is this... Somebody had switched the original carb for an edelbrock carb and really butchered the existing wiring harness. A lot of things didn't work the way they should. And the computer box was bypassed. This caused a problem because the fuel/air wasn't being controlled and there was no advanced on the timing. So I found an 85 Dodge Ram D150 with the simpler computer box and vacuum advance and pulled those and the wiring harness. I've found plenty of diagrams for the bulkhead connector of the old harness and was going to try to wire it up to the new one I got. But I can't get it right and nothing really works. I'm thinking the diagrams don't match up. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If I could just get it to start and turn off by the key it would be a great start and I could maybe figure out the rest.

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
Good LUCK finding an OEM harness. Most easily - and more likely - a universal replacement - like this - will be the way to go.

OP
OP
T

Techniix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a wiring harness that's in decent shape I pulled off an 85 Dodge Ram D150. I just need a wiring diagram for the computer controlled style bulkhead connector for my 84 Dodge Ram W150.

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
I've got a wiring harness that's in decent shape I pulled off an 85 Dodge Ram D150. I just need a wiring diagram for the computer controlled style bulkhead connector for my 84 Dodge Ram W150.

Have you checked a Haynes manual? Advance-China-Zone still sell them. If not that, then you'll want a shop manual, and THAT will be a little harder to find. NOT impossible, but it will seem like it at first. icon11.gif

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i can post some up a bit later this evening but i think they changed the bulk head connector in 85 which is why it is not plug and play.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
according to diagrams a 85 harness should be plug and play.
this is a 85 bulk head connector
bd.jpg
this is a 84
42226824.jpg