1987 Ram 225 Carb Issues!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles102

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
This is my first 1st gen ram, has the slant 6 3.7 I do believe, the carb or something is causing severe flooding of the engine, got the truck cheap on a deal, got it running decent but acts like she wants to stall as i come off the clutch and have to give it more throttle to keep it alive and i feel like the clutch does not like this as i am trying to engage 1st gear to start out. question is, is there a diagram on what lines are necessary for the carb to run correctly, can i find a two barrel to replace the one barrel? should i stick with the 1 barrel? so on im not familiar with this old school tech, any help would be great thank you.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Take the air cleaner off and make sure the choke is coming off when its warmed up. The choke butterfly should be open after a minute or so of running. If it is wide open but the engine is stumbling it may need a carb rebuild or it may have fouled sparkplugs or bad cap & rotor. You'd might be able to get more help if you had a video of the issue.

OP
OP
M

miles102

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
10-4 i send a video asap thank you. have you ever