1995 Pontiac Firehawk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It was a good shining light coming out of power starved dark days of the 70's and 80's into the 90's, but there's a reason that design didn't last but five model years.

OP
OP
AzTrifecta

AzTrifecta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Try the Star Tron first with a couple of gallons of 93 octane and see if that helps, If not you need the tank emptied and fuel system flushed, WOW thats a LT1 engine 4 bolt main allot of HP and Torque is it a 5 speed standard or Automatic, my son had a Firebird Trans Am, and that thing was like a Drag Racer, those spark plugs aren't easy to get at, but doable from underneath.

That’s what I have planned to try tomorrow. After I add them. How long should I wait before I try to start it? The car belongs to my mother. I don’t know much about it. But yes it is an automatic trans. I think she said it had the same engine as a corvette. But I am prob wrong. She has lost most of eye sight recently. That’s why this has fallen to me to figure out. If the fuel additive doesn’t work. Then I’ll prob just have it towed to a shop. To flush the tank & system. Thanks for all the help & advice. I Really appreciate it [emoji4][emoji120][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let it sit for maybe a couple of hours make sure you put some fresh gas in as well 2-3 gallons 93 octane, Please Keep us posted.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
If it has been sitting that long with any sort of ethanol based fuel, then it's probably gone bad. As others have stated, drain the tank and put some fresh fuel in it.

I use Lucas ethanol treatment/stabilizer in all my lawn equipment and portable generator. Never had an issue. It's recommended for autos and boats too that sit up for long periods of time.

OP
OP
AzTrifecta

AzTrifecta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Okay I found the Star Tron additive. But I’m having a little trouble finding the 93 octane fuel. I did find 100 & 110 Octane. Is it possible to mix with 87? To dilute the 100? A neighbor suggested it... I’m a little skeptical. I believe he said 1.6 gal of 87 & 1.4 gal of 100 to = 93 octane. Thanks [emoji4]

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think she said it had the same engine as a corvette. But I am prob wrong.
Nope you are absolutely correct. 2G LT1 series was introduced in the 1992 Corvette with 300hp (doesn't seem like much,but it was 50hp more than it's predecessor in a car that only weighed about 3400lbs). It was supposed to be the one of the next steps in the evolution of the Chevy small block, along with the DOHC LT5. We saw how that went lol. There was only one other variation before the series ended and LS production started in 1997 and that was the 330hp LT4 in the 1996 Grand Sport Corvette. That's awesome that this is your mom's car.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it has been sitting that long with any sort of ethanol based fuel, then it's probably gone bad. As others have stated, drain the tank and put some fresh fuel in it.

I use Lucas ethanol treatment/stabilizer in all my lawn equipment and portable generator. Never had an issue. It's recommended for autos and boats too that sit up for long periods of time.

Try using the Star Tron Enzyme treatment its good for Small engines and all types of Gasoline engines, It's saved my butt a few times.

OP
OP
AzTrifecta

AzTrifecta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Okay I’ll try that. I’m just as frustrated with me as you probably are. Sounds so EASY... yet it turns out it’s not. Lol. Thank you so much for your patience...you guys are great! I’ll keep you posted on what happens. Have a great day [emoji4]

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just get yourself Psyched, that you have one of a kind a piece of the past a unicorn as you will have it.