1998 Ram 2500 V10 PO204 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave DiCarlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 1999 ram V 10 through a PO 204 code last week. I went ahead and took the upper manifold off and removed the fuel line and all of the fuel injectors. I tested and cleaned each injector. They all tested good but I went ahead and bought a new one for cylinder four anyway. I put in all new seals and reinstalled the injectors. I also went ahead and checked the injector connector and the wiring harness all the way back to the computer and to ground. There were no issues. Initially the truck was running horribly rough when this code hit. It is now running much smoother but the code is continuing. I also reset the computer, and cleared the old code. Before I go pulling the computer to replace it I wanted to know if anyone has any advice. Anything else I can try? Like I said I’ve already been through all the injectors and the fuel line itself resealed everything. The truck is in immaculate condition only 130,000 miles no leaks or issues. Recently did a tuneup all new plugs plug wires. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock