2” drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

never-enough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey all

Now that I’ve put enough miles on my truck to get to know it a bit, I’m looking to lower it a couple inches.
Truck is a 2017 RCSB sport.
I’ve already swapped the shocks out for a set of bilstein 4600s and added a hellwig rear sway bar with adjustable endlinks.
I’m looking at the Mcgaughys 2” drop spindles for the front. Any reason to go another route? I’m aware that the wheels will kick out a bit.
Will I need the f-150 front end links?
I have the mcgaughys 2” drop springs for the rear, I haven’t installed them yet.

Am I missing anything?
I’m looking for a bit better handling for my city driving, not looking to make it so low it’s a pain to drive around town.
I already have cars for that!

Any advice from those of you that have been playing around with your suspension?
I’ve lowered my cars plenty but this is my first time lowering a truck.

Thanks for any insight

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The Mcgaughys spindles will maintain a nice ride up front, but them poking the front wheels out has always just been a big turn off for me.

As for the rear, the McGaughys 2" coils are designed for the 4dr trucks, so they only give about 1" of drop on the 2dr trucks. You have have to cut them slightly to get the look you are after or go with a dedicated 2dr spring from Ground Force.

dietDrThunder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a 2017 4dr 4x4 short bed, and I'd like to lower the rear a bit to level it. Can I just get some 2" drop springs and that's that? Or do I need other stuff to do it right? If someone could help me out by posting up the right parts I'd sure appreciate it!

MarineDefense

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I've got a 2017 4dr 4x4 short bed, and I'd like to lower the rear a bit to level it. Can I just get some 2" drop springs and that's that? Or do I need other stuff to do it right? If someone could help me out by posting up the right parts I'd sure appreciate it!

I had grabbed a set for a '17 QC 1500 4WD from here. They're similar to McGaughy's #44055 but work just as good if not the exact same for half the price. Leveled my truck perfectly IMO.

OP
OP
never-enough

never-enough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Mcgaughys spindles will maintain a nice ride up front, but them poking the front wheels out has always just been a big turn off for me.

As for the rear, the McGaughys 2" coils are designed for the 4dr trucks, so they only give about 1" of drop on the 2dr trucks. You have have to cut them slightly to get the look you are after or go with a dedicated 2dr spring from Ground Force.

Do you have any other suggestions for lowering the front 2” that will not kick the wheels out but keep a nice ride?

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There seems to be lots of 2/4 kits out there so I’d say lowering the front 2” shouldn’t be hard. My problem is I want to only lower it 1” in the front