2,000mi...Smash and Grab..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Still a brand new truck 2,000 miles. Go to Richmond, VA for some fun. Come out to my truck window smashed and a truck next to me as well.

Got dash cam footage. Absolute retard crooks I won’t even get in to all their stupidity.

Guess we’ll see how insurance plays. I had a tinted window and there’s scratches inside and outside the vehicle but honestly if insurance is gonna make my rate go up guess I’ll buy new window and tint out of pocket and buff the scratches myself maybe? Good to know insurance proves to be worthless YET AGAIN when it’s needed...at least that’s what I feel if my rates go up. We’ll see tomorrow...

Moral of the story: stop trying to enjoy life and have fun [emoji25]

Last edited:

wespentecost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Still a brand new truck 2,000 miles. Go to Richmond, VA for some fun. Come out to my truck window smashed and a truck next to me as well.

Got dash cam footage. Absolute retard crooks I won’t even get in to all their stupidity.

Guess we’ll see how insurance plays. I had a tinted window and there’s scratches inside and outside the vehicle but honestly if insurance is gonna make my rate go up guess I’ll buy new window and tint out of pocket and buff the scratches myself maybe? Good to know insurance proves to be worthless YET AGAIN when it’s needed...at least that’s what I feel if my rates go up. We’ll see tomorrow...

Moral of the story: stop trying to enjoy life and have fun [emoji25]

f9084d9160605b6f234afe8c333d7e3b.jpg
Lead poison is a good fix for thieves.....and idiot's of all kinds....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
that sucks. I know it leaves you feeling negative... leaves you feeling like open carry is not such a bad thing. Don't let the low life **** keep you from enjoying everything you've earned. enjoy life and have fun. know most of the sh@t holes the do this kind of stuff ultimately get what they deserve.

hope insurance takes care of you.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Agree. I don’t think they were smart enough to write my address from paperwork in glovebox but if they are I have tons of led that needs rotation.

Thanks. They actually stole a .380 from the dude next to me. Couldn’t carry at the time, but even if I was I still missed them by 30 minutes to an hour. Pretty sure it was an inside job with the lot attendants giving someone the scoop. I got all their info so investigators should have an easy one here but of course that doesn’t even help me

wespentecost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Agree. I don’t think they were smart enough to write my address from paperwork in glovebox but if they are I have tons of led that needs rotation.

Thanks. They actually stole a .380 from the dude next to me. Couldn’t carry at the time, but even if I was I still missed them by 30 minutes to an hour. Pretty sure it was an inside job with the lot attendants giving someone the scoop. I got all their info so investigators should have an easy one here but of course that doesn’t even help me
I'm former Law enforcement from Texas....sucks for other places I know from experience and while I was I LE i got into it with other departments not wanting to do their jobs. Hopefully you will have someone willing to do the job correctly and to the fullest. I hate a thief! Many things I hate in this world but a thief is definitely at the top.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear this, I hate thieves

Was this at your hotel?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear. In jersey that would be covered under comprehensive, doesn't affect rates.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
non-collision should be comprehensive, and not affect rates.

Kernal Clink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
Sucks about the glass man, sorry to hear it. I'm curious though, what did they take from your truck that made them want to smash the window out? Was there something lying in plain view or were they just hoping for a win?

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Thanks man, cop was real cooperative. Waiting for contact from the investigator to give over all my evidence which will close the case for the crooks.

It was at a parking lot where I prepaid months ahead of time for concert. Think it was an inside job because the booth attendant was sketchy and seemed to be scopin our the vehicles.

Thanks guys I’ll call them soon and see how it goes. Hoping it really is just comprehensive.

Nope not a single thing in vehicle besides dash cam (they didn’t see or hear apparently), snow scraper, and window sunshade, oh and a hairbrush. Just hoping for an easy win and not a single thing from me but other guy lost a whole bunch guns credit cards backpacks. He’s got a way worse headache then me. I know how the cities are so I was prepared he was from a rural area so not as aware.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate that.....thieves are the lowest. Hope they catch them. Agree, it sounds like a setup job with the parking crew involved.

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That happened to me about 20 years ago.
I was playing in a band and one of the clubs "security" guys smashed the window out of my dually and took a satin jacket and a Stetson hat.
The other security guy saw it and told me about it.
I got my stuff back and the "security" guy got lumped up and then got fired.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Yep I agree guys.

Still waiting until Tuesday for Safelite to come, but with a vague time slot of 12-5 who knows if I’ll even be able to make it home in time for that so gonna be window-less for a while.

Seems like insurance will just be my $100 deductible for comprehensive like you guys stated. From my research comprehensive only makes rates go up if you use it more than 3 times in 3 years I think I found. This is my first time ever filing comprehensive with my insurer of 7 years. Not sure what will happen with tint and all the scratches and dings I now have on seats and doors and dashboard etc....adjuster should contact me in future..

Still no investigator contacting me. Emailed the cop with the video link of dash cam footage.

Updated the main post with the video link for you guys. Can hear and see em.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
All in all it sucks but nobody got injured and minor damage that can be fixed. Glad to hear the insurance is covering it. It would be nice to have your 100 bucks back though.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Agreed. They coulda completely keyed it and popped wheels.

Yea I’m gonna try and make the parking lot cover it if they ever return my phone call.

Playing telephone tag with the insurance adjuster now.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry about your truck. I hope it gets resolved fully. I had a 2003 Yukon denali similar to the one your thieves drove broken into a couple years ago. Thankfully they didn't break my windows out. They popped the key hole lock out of the drivers door with a screwdriver and got in that way. right outside my apartment window.

20170827_085859.jpg

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Wow!! Crazy how they popped that up!!

Yea I almost debated just leaving it unlocked because I knew they wouldn’t get anything out of the vehicle.

It’s weird though how my brain somehow knew **** was gonna go down before it did. On the way to the Colosseum I couldn’t remembered if I locked my doors but I felt that I did our of habit like I always do and then in the concert I was debating leaving around 10:00 because I was tired from the workday and drive and then 30 minutes later that’s when it all went down. Call it what you want but I’ve had these gut feelings for years and always ignore em, maybe I should listen to myself lol.

I got a tarp slammed in the door to keep it covered but with the snow coming tomorrow I’m gonna have to get some vinyl and auto masking tape on my way home tonight and do that as a solid under layer I think because there’s a small corner near the side mirror where wind lifts it open and it’s exposed. Don’t want a snow like in there.. I guess at least it’s not summer or there would be nests and bugs in there already.. I’ll slam the tarp back in after vinyling it up I guess.

Not sure how safelite is, never used them before, but hope if they do have OEM the installation is similar to factory...but I’m sure it’ll never be the same [emoji24]