2.25” w/ resonator delete vs 2.5” piping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a black widow widow maker muffler on the truck now sounds pretty good but could be a bit louder. Anyone with an opinion. I’m going to be doing 5” tips either way and headers down the road. Just wondering which sounds better. I like I loud but not so loud everyone is calling the cops on you even in the middle of the day lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I have a black widow widow maker muffler on the truck now sounds pretty good but could be a bit louder. Anyone with an opinion. I’m going to be doing 5” tips either way and headers down the road. Just wondering which sounds better. I like I loud but not so loud everyone is calling the cops on you even in the middle of the day lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer to keep the resonators. With the 5" tips that add plenty of sound you'll keep a nice deep rumble.

Removing them adds a lot of that high pitch frequency back that I don't care for.

bran101010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 R/T
I learned, from someone else on here, after going through 5 different mufflers. An X-pipe sounds the best.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have LTs catless, 2.5 piping into x pipe and into dual 26” magnaflow glasspacks no resonators and 4” tips, going 5” soon. truck has a nice rumble to it, after the mufflers are broken in. It’s loud lol but I have become use to it and she sounds like she is purring every time I tap the throttle.