2/4 Belltech kit. Can rear springs be cut?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since the Inez kit has to be cut and is a 4 inch drop in rear without cutting, can I cut the Belltech kit for an extra inch in the rear? Has anyone tried this? I’m running the street performance shocks that come with the kit if that matters which I’m guessing it does.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes. Thats all the springs are in the Inez kit, just Belltech springs. However anymore than 1" & you will be hitting the control arms on the frame w/o the Inez or Illicit brackets

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes. Thats all the springs are in the Inez kit, just Belltech springs. However anymore than 1" & you will be hitting the control arms on the frame w/o the Inez or Illicit brackets

You think it’s Ok to use the street performance shocks the 2/4 comes with or will I have to change them?

Brian7874

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L Mopar Gen V8
Had a Belltech 2/4 drop and had the front and back springs cut another inch with no problems so far. I installed the Bilstein 4600 shocks in the front and the 5100 series in the back, and the ride quality is 10 times better than before.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Had a Belltech 2/4 drop and had the front and back springs cut another inch with no problems so far. I installed the Bilstein 4600 shocks in the front and the 5100 series in the back, and the ride quality is 10 times better than before.
How much did you cut off the front and rear springs and did you take exact measurements of how much more drop it got you? I'm in the same boat as you were and am considering cutting them too unless my ride suffers

Brian7874

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L Mopar Gen V8
How much did you cut off the front and rear springs and did you take exact measurements of how much more drop it got you? I'm in the same boat as you were and am considering cutting them too unless my ride suffers
I had the guys that had originally installed my kit cut them. I told them I wanted the back as low as I could get it without having to have the relocation brackets, and I had the front cut exactly an inch. Part of the front bump stops had to be cut, but that was really the only issue. I didn’t do exact measurements afterwards, but just by looking I’d say the back dropped a little over an inch. I installed the Inez upper control arms also, so I could get a proper alignment, and I installed Bilstein shocks all the way around. I was worried about the rear of the truck more than anything, especially after reading some posts about the geometry being throwed off after lowering more than 4 inches, but I haven’t had any issues. All I’ve done to the back is install an adjustable panhard bar and that’s it, but I do plan on adding a rear sway bar here in the near future.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had the guys that had originally installed my kit cut them. I told them I wanted the back as low as I could get it without having to have the relocation brackets, and I had the front cut exactly an inch. Part of the front bump stops had to be cut, but that was really the only issue. I didn’t do exact measurements afterwards, but just by looking I’d say the back dropped a little over an inch. I installed the Inez upper control arms also, so I could get a proper alignment, and I installed Bilstein shocks all the way around. I was worried about the rear of the truck more than anything, especially after reading some posts about the geometry being throwed off after lowering more than 4 inches, but I haven’t had any issues. All I’ve done to the back is install an adjustable panhard bar and that’s it, but I do plan on adding a rear sway bar here in the near future.
Thanks so much for the info. So a few more things, in the front you have Inez upper control arms and stock lower control arms? I think my 2016 RT may already have a rear sway bar on, so I guess if I just add the adjustable panhard bar will be good to get. Which brand of panhard bar did you get? Thanks

Brian7874

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L Mopar Gen V8
Thanks so much for the info. So a few more things, in the front you have Inez upper control arms and stock lower control arms? I think my 2016 RT may already have a rear sway bar on, so I guess if I just add the adjustable panhard bar will be good to get. Which brand of panhard bar did you get? Thanks
I got the Spohn adjustable panhard bar in the back, and I did buy new Moog lower control arms only because my balljoints needed to be replaced, and my bushings weren’t looking great either. A lot less of a headache just replacing the control arm. I also upgraded to a Hellwig front sway bar and just got Moog sway bar end links which I’m installing today. The end links I had on before were for a 2008 F-150 and the truck handled great with the factory sway bar, but after installing the Hellwig bar it’s been riding like crap. I don’t think those smaller end links can handle the heavier bar, so I’m changing it up today and we’ll see what happens.