2/4 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sikkRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Currently I have the 2/4 Belltech street performance drop kit but I wanna go lower. Some people suggested getting a flip kit but I can’t find any for 2013 Ram RT. Any suggestions on what else I can do to go lower?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Currently I have the 2/4 Belltech street performance drop kit but I wanna go lower. Some people suggested getting a flip kit but I can’t find any for 2013 Ram RT. Any suggestions on what else I can do to go lower?
Better look at the rearend closer,there's no leaf springs on a 4th Gen,it's a coil spring 4 link set-up.You're going to be looking along time to find a flip kit for any 4 link style rear suspension,lol. IHC/ Inez is about the only outfit building kits to go lower then 2/4 on a 4th Gen. If you go lower then 4" on the rear,make sure you get the "Cut" relocation brackets,don't even think about the "No Cut" brackets. When you drop the rear of a 4th Gen and don't move the rear locating arms down,they'll start trying to steer the rear of the truck when you hit a bump.I've already explained the principle several times on here,so i'm not going to explain it again,but if you search my name going back several years,you should find my posts on what happens when the rear locating arms aren't running semi close to parrellel with each other and the ground.

OP
OP
1sikkRT

1sikkRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Better look at the rearend closer,there's no leaf springs on a 4th Gen,it's a coil spring 4 link set-up.You're going to be looking along time to find a flip kit for any 4 link style rear suspension,lol. IHC/ Inez is about the only outfit building kits to go lower then 2/4 on a 4th Gen. If you go lower then 4" on the rear,make sure you get the "Cut" relocation brackets,don't even think about the "No Cut" brackets. When you drop the rear of a 4th Gen and don't move the rear locating arms down,they'll start trying to steer the rear of the truck when you hit a bump.I've already explained the principle several times on here,so i'm not going to explain it again,but if you search my name going back several years,you should find my posts on what happens when the rear locating arms aren't running semi close to parrellel with each other and the ground.
Wow well that answers a lot smh, just got the truck and kinda learning everything as I go. Thanks a lot for the help and suggestion!