2.5 inch lift and towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18 Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Not sure if this should go here or the towing section but my questions is will a 2.5inch lift cause the truck to squat too much when towing. I don’t want the nose sticking up in the air while towing I was wondering if going with the 2.5 inch lift instead of the leveling kit would help solve that problem. Any experiences?

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
The amount of ‘Squat’ has nothing to do with the amount of lift, provided the front and rear are lifted equally.

Doing a ‘Level’ where the front is typically only raised is where you’ll get the squat when loaded….even unloaded in some cases. ie: The Cali Squat.

I have Maxtrac 5/4.5 lift. I wanted to maintain some ‘rake’ to keep away from the squat.

If you load anything up heavy enough, everything will squat.

One option away from it is to use airbags such as Airlifts, Firestone etc.

Most squatted trucks I see are simply loaded incorrectly and too heavy :waytogo:

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its pretty simple really. If the truck is level with no load, and you dont have air bags, it will be nose high when loaded down.

I prefer a level truck when unloaded, but also dont want to be sagging ass when towing, so i installed air bags too.