2 issues a wheel hub and AC not blowing hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hesabiggin111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I have a 2007 ram 1500 st 2wd with a 4.7l that needs front passenger wheel hub replaced and I have a wheel hub but it has sensor on it and my truck doesn't will it work if I remove sensor and plug holes? 2nd issue is my AC blower motor comes on and sounds like it is working good but barely getting anything from the AC vents. What are possibilities I should check and which doors do what? Thank you sorry it's so long

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't take the sensor out of the hub, just cut it close to the bottom. But leave it in along with the screw holding it. That with be more water proof then trying to plug it with something else. As for your A/C. Could it be stuck on floor, defrost, etc? Or maybe split between floor and front vents. I would first determine that. That would be one of the blend door motors. Not THE blend door motor, but the one of them. If that makes sense

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m betting the recirc door broke off and is blocking the fan. Pull the fan out (3 bolts) and see if the door is laying on top of the fan.

OP
OP
H

Hesabiggin111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Thank you for the advice. I'm going to do like you said and just cut the wire off and install the hub. Also I removed the blower motor and looked up inside the duct and it looks like the recirculation door is still attached. Definitely nothing laying on top of the blower motor blocking the air flow. Any other advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Gur88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
Drop the fan and check for junk in it, then drop the sensor to the left of it and check for junk blocking your evap. I had the same issue when I bought mine, turns out the fan was sucking receipts and stuff out of the glove box and throwing them on the evap where they'd get wet and stick. Used a nylon brush to get most of it out of there through that sensor hole instead of pulling the dash.

OP
OP
H

Hesabiggin111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
It was a dirty EVAP I carefully scrubbed it with water and a toothbrush and now it's working great