2 Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeasdfasdf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360,5.9 cummins
1 - Just replaced steering rack in my plow truck. 99 1500 360 46re. Pulls hard to the right and hop's hard at 30-40. Tires are straight, and ball joints are tight. Track bar is tight. I can toe out my tires to where there is a 2 inch difference between front and rear of the tires and she goes straight but hit some ice and the front will shift a foot and it wonders. Pulling the tires in closer to straight makes it pull harder to the right. I can get the tires within 1/32" difference of toe and she will take highway right hand bends by itself. Didnt pull before the new steering rack. Rack is all moog.

2 - 46re disengages tc in final gear (anything above 45 mph) when letting off the throttle, sometimes it'll downshift out of overdrive as well (essentially downshifting twice) just by letting off the throttle 1/8" to slow down 1 mph and will upshift right away. Fluid is fine, bands are fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Last edited:

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you mean steering rack? The transmission issue sounds like the TPS