2" Rough Country Leveling Struts and UCA's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quiganomics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, I know Bilstein is the preferred leveling strut but I got a screaming deal on some Rough Country 2" leveling struts that I couldn't pass up. Never put a lot of thought into leveling my Ram, but here I am, ready to do it. Question is this, from everything I read it looks like the RC 2" struts actually bring the front up by about 2.5", am I going to need Mevotech/Zone UCA's for this, or will I be ok with stock. They are going on my 2017 1500 Bighorn.

OP
OP
Quiganomics

Quiganomics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Zach58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes, I know Bilstein is the preferred leveling strut but I got a screaming deal on some Rough Country 2" leveling struts that I couldn't pass up. Never put a lot of thought into leveling my Ram, but here I am, ready to do it. Question is this, from everything I read it looks like the RC 2" struts actually bring the front up by about 2.5", am I going to need Mevotech/Zone UCA's for this, or will I be ok with stock. They are going on my 2017 1500 Bighorn.
No you will be fine. Even if you were to go 6 inches it wouldn't nessecarily be needed. I have a 6 inch suspension and 3 inch body. I didnt get my Zone UCA's until over a year after the lift was install. But I do have to say it is much smoother and you can just tell by looking at the UCA that the angles are so much better now.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No you will be fine. Even if you were to go 6 inches it wouldn't nessecarily be needed. I have a 6 inch suspension and 3 inch body. I didnt get my Zone UCA's until over a year after the lift was install. But I do have to say it is much smoother and you can just tell by looking at the UCA that the angles are so much better now.
2wd and 4wd are vastly different in means of lifting these 4th gen trucks. The 4wd use a completely different setup that benefit a lot more from upper control arms than the 2wd do. Honestly if it sits higher than 2” lift on a 4wd than upper control arms are recommended to prevent the upper ball joint from popping out.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anytime you go over 2" of LEVEL you should go with angle correcting UCA's like the ones Zone makes. A level and a suspension lift or body lift is very different. A level just lifts the front of your truck and doesnt correct any geometry and that is where the angle correcting UCA's come in. They will correct your front end geometry to help get you back to stock alignment specs and can even help improve ride comfort.

Post a pic of your CV angles

OP
OP
Quiganomics

Quiganomics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been busy but finally got a change to get the strus installed as well as the new wheels. Barely changed the angles of the ucas and cv joints so not going to worry one bit about it. Here's a pic after installation...

Attachments

• 20221213_153053.jpg
    20221213_153053.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 73