2 way or 3 way door speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
All I said was IMO having mids ONLY in the front doors is overblown. The OP asked about whether he should use 2way or 3way speakers and IMO it's not going to hinder him either way. I think my stage is as accurate as one can hope to achieve in a car. With my eyes open or closed I do not hear vocals/guitar coming from my feet, only from the center of the dash except for when the composition calls for it to shift. I understand the concept quite clearly but music theory is as complicated as rocket science for which I don't have a degree in either. I can only go by what my ears are telling me.

Anyways, if it doesn't sound good to you who am I to say what you should do or think.

Some like their highs wailing, others want the most obnoxious bass you can achieve. Most want something that is pleasing to hear at all volume levels. It's all just a matter of taste.

I ended up getting 4-ways in the rear. I wanted to keep the speakers all Kenwoods and they don't seem to have a 3-way 6X9 for a Ram. Anyway, I am extremely pleased with the sound. The cab is full, clear and balanced. I don't like sound coming from in front of me. I prefer a more surround sound. The 4-ways really filled in the rear cab nicely. I can hear things in the music that I never heard before.

I do not have a professionally trained ear, but I have heard stereos in much more expensive vehicles that aren't as impressive as mine is now. And the loudness is quite sufficient. At volume level 25 it is blasting with plenty of room to go if I really want to be obnoxious. I am sure an expert would sit in my cab and be able to find issues with the sound, but I have zero complaints.

Bigs99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm going to be installing a kicker key , running it bi amp mode . I currently have pioneer ts-g690 3 way speakers in the doors, kicker 46CSC354 in the dash. Should I get rid of the 3 way speakers in the front doors and get something else?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I ran 3.5 coax in dash, and just a 6x9 midbass in door.

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going to be installing a kicker key , running it bi amp mode . I currently have pioneer ts-g690 3 way speakers in the doors, kicker 46CSC354 in the dash. Should I get rid of the 3 way speakers in the front doors and get something else?

Once you run the auto eq, it will filter out everything above 640hz in the doors, so you don't need to replace what you have, it will just make them sound like midwoofers. The tweeters, or as they claim mids and tweeters, will be filtered out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956